Ask a question

Posted Jan 18, 2014
    9:31:17 PM
    View profile
    Trading

Are you allowed to trade a wired STB for a wireless STB?

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jan 18, 2014 9:40:14 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    Yes, there is a one time charge of $49, but if exchange the two your monthly bill stays the same.
    Normally if already have service the Wireless Access Point (WAP) is shipped along with the wireless receiver.
    Please do not plug in until after notice date/time or will miss configure receiver.
    After swap return original hardwired receiver to ATT via a UPS store.

May also request exchange by schedule a tech visit.
    This 4 hour appointment window is available 7 days a week.
    Hours are 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm and 4pm to 8pm.

The system currently supports up to two wireless receivers.
    The WAP plugs into one the four Ethernet ports on back of RG.

If wish to order recommend call 1-800-288-2020 or chat on site.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    Accepted Solution

Trading

8 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (8)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jan 18, 2014 9:40:14 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    Yes, there is a one time charge of $49, but if exchange the two your monthly bill stays the same.
    Normally if already have service the Wireless Access Point (WAP) is shipped along with the wireless receiver.
    Please do not plug in until after notice date/time or will miss configure receiver.
    After swap return original hardwired receiver to ATT via a UPS store.

May also request exchange by schedule a tech visit.
    This 4 hour appointment window is available 7 days a week.
    Hours are 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm and 4pm to 8pm.

The system currently supports up to two wireless receivers.
    The WAP plugs into one the four Ethernet ports on back of RG.

If wish to order recommend call 1-800-288-2020 or chat on site.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Trading

2 of 9 (530 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 19, 2014 8:48:10 AM
    (0)
    Professor

thanks for your reply.

3 of 9 (494 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 19, 2014 4:18:22 PM
    (0)
    Professor

is the $49 charge for theWAP or if there is an even exchange of wired to wireless will there be no charges/fees?

4 of 9 (472 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 19, 2014 6:46:30 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

The $49 charge is basically for getting the WAP set up on an existing account whether you're adding an extra box, or swapping out a wired.

I think you can install wireless receivers on your initial install without a fee (because it often simplifies what the installer needs to do from a wiring perspective and speeds the install).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (461 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 19, 2014 7:36:55 PM
    (0)
    Professor

I think that I can install everythingf myself. If there's an even exchange between the wired and wireless STB's, no problem. But if I have to pay 49 bucks for the WAP, that's another thing. Thanks for your answer,Jeff.

6 of 9 (455 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 19, 2014 7:51:48 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Yep, $49 to switch (self-install), $99 more for the truck roll if you were to need that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (452 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 20, 2014 6:51:06 PM
    (0)
    Professor

Good news. I live chatted today about the wireless stb. They waived the $49 fee. I guess it's because I have the U300 service. Says it should be here by Wednesday.

8 of 9 (423 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 23, 2014 2:45:16 PM
    (0)
    Community Support

Hi NorthLineTony,

That is great to hear that you were able to upgrade your receiver, and the representative was able to assist you in getting this done. Let us know how it goes.

Also, if you encounter any issues with your wireless receiver, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 9 (365 Views)