Ask a question

Posted Jul 14, 2011
    3:49:31 PM
    Reset remote/deprogram
    I programmed my S10-S1 remote to be able to control my Sony surround sound and it worked, but because it's already set up to control volume on the TV- the remote volume only controls the TV volume not the AUX/surround.

Is there a way to unprogram the tv part or reset the remote and start all over?

Thanks!
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jul 14, 2011 6:37:32 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    anabanana486,

In your OP you say you had the aux key programmed to control the SONY (including volume??) but the volume controlled the TV volume (in att mode??)

The device control for volume is 955. After you have programed your devices -

att/ok key - all mode keys flash twice

press device you want to always control volume
    or
    press enter key and volume is controlled by whichever device is selected while watching.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

Reset remote/deprogram

7 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (7)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2011 4:32:17 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

If the remote doesn't have some kind of battery backup if you remove the batteries for about a minute should wipe out the current programming.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Reset remote/deprogram

2 of 8 (3,745 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2011 4:44:39 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I left the batteries out for about 5 minutes and no luck Smiley Sad

3 of 8 (3,739 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2011 4:57:21 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Thats all I could think to try.

4 of 8 (3,735 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2011 5:00:50 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Ok, I reset it using ATT+OK then code 900. Now I gotta find an AUX code that will get the remote to control all of the surround sound features.

5 of 8 (3,731 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jul 14, 2011 6:37:32 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    anabanana486,

In your OP you say you had the aux key programmed to control the SONY (including volume??) but the volume controlled the TV volume (in att mode??)

The device control for volume is 955. After you have programed your devices -

att/ok key - all mode keys flash twice

press device you want to always control volume
    or
    press enter key and volume is controlled by whichever device is selected while watching.

6 of 8 (3,726 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2011 7:09:44 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Thanks sooo much! Works perfect Smiley Happy now I don't have to stress the broken surround sound remote and getting up every 10 min to adjust lol

7 of 8 (3,724 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 15, 2011 5:34:03 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Aviewer thanks for posting that info.

8 of 8 (3,688 Views)