Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 14, 2011
3:49:31 PM
Reset remote/deprogram
I programmed my S10-S1 remote to be able to control my Sony surround sound and it worked, but because it's already set up to control volume on the TV- the remote volume only controls the TV volume not the AUX/surround.

Is there a way to unprogram the tv part or reset the remote and start all over?

Thanks!
I programmed my S10-S1 remote to be able to control my Sony surround sound and it worked, but because it's already set up to control volume on the TV- the remote volume only controls the TV volume not the AUX/surround.

Is there a way to unprogram the tv part or reset the remote and start all over?

Thanks!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 14, 2011 6:37:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
anabanana486,

In your OP you say you had the aux key programmed to control the SONY (including volume??) but the volume controlled the TV volume (in att mode??)

The device control for volume is 955. After you have programed your devices -

att/ok key - all mode keys flash twice

press device you want to always control volume
or
press enter key and volume is controlled by whichever device is selected while watching.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Reset remote/deprogram

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 4:32:17 PM
(0)
Expert

If the remote doesn't have some kind of battery backup if you remove the batteries for about a minute should wipe out the current programming.

If the remote doesn't have some kind of battery backup if you remove the batteries for about a minute should wipe out the current programming.

Re: Reset remote/deprogram

2 of 8 (5,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 4:44:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
I left the batteries out for about 5 minutes and no luck Smiley Sad
I left the batteries out for about 5 minutes and no luck Smiley Sad

3 of 8 (5,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 4:57:21 PM
(0)
Expert

Thats all I could think to try.

Thats all I could think to try.

4 of 8 (5,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 5:00:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok, I reset it using ATT+OK then code 900. Now I gotta find an AUX code that will get the remote to control all of the surround sound features.
Ok, I reset it using ATT+OK then code 900. Now I gotta find an AUX code that will get the remote to control all of the surround sound features.

5 of 8 (5,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 14, 2011 6:37:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
anabanana486,

In your OP you say you had the aux key programmed to control the SONY (including volume??) but the volume controlled the TV volume (in att mode??)

or
press enter key and volume is controlled by whichever device is selected while watching.
anabanana486,

or
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (5,544 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 7:09:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks sooo much! Works perfect Smiley Happy now I don't have to stress the broken surround sound remote and getting up every 10 min to adjust lol
Thanks sooo much! Works perfect Smiley Happy now I don't have to stress the broken surround sound remote and getting up every 10 min to adjust lol

7 of 8 (5,542 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2011 5:34:03 PM
(0)
Expert

Aviewer thanks for posting that info.

Aviewer thanks for posting that info.