Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 26, 2010
10:06:01 AM
View profile
Remote Zoom button allows adding Favorites on some tv's, but not all

We are new to U-verse, and very confused by the Zoom button.  On all of our tv's but one, it does a very handy function: allowing you to add a channel to your favorites.  But on one of our tvs, it is a zoom function, which is also necessary.  This "special" tv is hooked up through HDMI and is wide screen, but some of the others are too.   Can anyone explain how to get both of these functions from one remote?

We are new to U-verse, and very confused by the Zoom button.  On all of our tv's but one, it does a very handy function: allowing you to add a channel to your favorites.  But on one of our tvs, it is a zoom function, which is also necessary.  This "special" tv is hooked up through HDMI and is wide screen, but some of the others are too.   Can anyone explain how to get both of these functions from one remote?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 26, 2010 12:11:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

The left-right arrow is the KEY to it.  I can now see favorites and the Zoom also on all tvs.  Thank you! (The firmware was the latest). 

Accepted Solution

Remote Zoom button allows adding Favorites on some tv's, but not all

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 10:09:54 AM
(0)
Guru

I'm only guessing here but could the zoom feature be active for that one TV if you have the remote set to the TV button on the top of the remote?

The remote can function differently depending on the device mode it is in.  I think the remote is defaulted to operate Sony TVs (just a guess again).

I'm only guessing here but could the zoom feature be active for that one TV if you have the remote set to the TV button on the top of the remote?

The remote can function differently depending on the device mode it is in.  I think the remote is defaulted to operate Sony TVs (just a guess again).

Re: Remote Zoom button allows adding Favorites on some tv's, but not all

2 of 8 (9,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 10:15:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:19:14 AM

nlw wrote:

Check the firmware version on the TV that does not display the Favorite channels menu:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System info (TV2 client version)

The latest firmware version should be 1.625334.10.

By the way, when you press the ENTER (ZOOM) button, you can press the right and left arrow keys on the remote to move between the Favorite channels, Zoom and Audio language menus.

nlw wrote:

Check the firmware version on the TV that does not display the Favorite channels menu:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System info (TV2 client version)

The latest firmware version should be 1.625334.10.

By the way, when you press the ENTER (ZOOM) button, you can press the right and left arrow keys on the remote to move between the Favorite channels, Zoom and Audio language menus.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (9,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 26, 2010 12:11:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

The left-right arrow is the KEY to it.  I can now see favorites and the Zoom also on all tvs.  Thank you! (The firmware was the latest). 

4 of 8 (9,280 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 4:47:03 PM
(0)
Explorer

texasguy37 wrote:

This is so helpful!! I had read someone else's post about using the zoom button and got really excited (I actually upgraded to HD just to get rid of the black borders) so I tried it but when it only brought up the favorites menu, I was so disappointed. But now I see it DOES work and I'm happy again. I can drop HD service and save some money, just in time for the price increase. WOO HOO! I'd give you kudos if I could. Smiley Very Happy

texasguy37 wrote:

This is so helpful!! I had read someone else's post about using the zoom button and got really excited (I actually upgraded to HD just to get rid of the black borders) so I tried it but when it only brought up the favorites menu, I was so disappointed. But now I see it DOES work and I'm happy again. I can drop HD service and save some money, just in time for the price increase. WOO HOO! I'd give you kudos if I could. Smiley Very Happy

5 of 8 (8,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2013 6:42:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

HI.  Has the Zoom button lost its functionality for favorites...something has changed but can find out what the fav func is on the zoom button now.

HI.  Has the Zoom button lost its functionality for favorites...something has changed but can find out what the fav func is on the zoom button now.

6 of 8 (5,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2013 3:45:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on May 23, 2013 at 3:46:55 AM

blacktop - Just tried it - works fine. OOPs - I mean works the same as it used to . Fine would be if I could choose to have the guide button return favorites.

blacktop - Just tried it - works fine. OOPs - I mean works the same as it used to . Fine would be if I could choose to have the guide button return favorites.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (5,479 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 12:54:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

blacktop wrote:

Please see this thread.  There was an update that apparently removed the Favorites menu from the Zoom button.  Hopefully, they will put it back, for those who use it.

blacktop wrote:

Please see this thread.  There was an update that apparently removed the Favorites menu from the Zoom button.  Hopefully, they will put it back, for those who use it.

8 of 8 (5,369 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments