nlw's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 5:06 PM

Remote Zoom button allows adding Favorites on some tv's, but not all

We are new to U-verse, and very confused by the Zoom button.  On all of our tv's but one, it does a very handy function: allowing you to add a channel to your favorites.  But on one of our tvs, it is a zoom function, which is also necessary.  This "special" tv is hooked up through HDMI and is wide screen, but some of the others are too.   Can anyone explain how to get both of these functions from one remote?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

The left-right arrow is the KEY to it.  I can now see favorites and the Zoom also on all tvs.  Thank you! (The firmware was the latest). 

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

I'm only guessing here but could the zoom feature be active for that one TV if you have the remote set to the TV button on the top of the remote?

The remote can function differently depending on the device mode it is in.  I think the remote is defaulted to operate Sony TVs (just a guess again).

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

nlw wrote:

We are new to U-verse, and very confused by the Zoom button.  On all of our tv's but one, it does a very handy function: allowing you to add a channel to your favorites.  But on one of our tvs, it is a zoom function, which is also necessary.  This "special" tv is hooked up through HDMI and is wide screen, but some of the others are too.   Can anyone explain how to get both of these functions from one remote?

Check the firmware version on the TV that does not display the Favorite channels menu:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System info (TV2 client version)

The latest firmware version should be 1.625334.10.

By the way, when you press the ENTER (ZOOM) button, you can press the right and left arrow keys on the remote to move between the Favorite channels, Zoom and Audio language menus.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

By the way, when you press the ENTER (ZOOM) button, you can press the right and left arrow keys on the remote to move between the Favorite channels, Zoom and Audio language menus.

This is so helpful!! I had read someone else's post about using the zoom button and got really excited (I actually upgraded to HD just to get rid of the black borders) so I tried it but when it only brought up the favorites menu, I was so disappointed. But now I see it DOES work and I'm happy again. I can drop HD service and save some money, just in time for the price increase. WOO HOO! I'd give you kudos if I could. 😄

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

HI.  Has the Zoom button lost its functionality for favorites...something has changed but can find out what the fav func is on the zoom button now.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

blacktop - Just tried it - works fine. OOPs - I mean works the same as it used to . Fine would be if I could choose to have the guide button return favorites.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@blacktop wrote:

HI.  Has the Zoom button lost its functionality for favorites...something has changed but can find out what the fav func is on the zoom button now.

Please see this thread.  There was an update that apparently removed the Favorites menu from the Zoom button.  Hopefully, they will put it back, for those who use it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.