For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ssanders2k712's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, April 30th, 2012 11:01 PM

Question about manufacturers of boxes

I am considering getting U-Verse and I am not totally clear on if you guys use Motorola or Cisco boxes.  I come from a Motorola Cable box and was wondering if I could see demos of the interface on both those brands if you offere both. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

The brand of box that you get will depend on the market you are in. A majority of the AT&T U-Verse markets use Motorola equipment, a minority use the Cisco equipment. Each market carries only one brand, not both.

Both the Motorola and Cisco equipment are running the identical software, so the user interface looks the same on both.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

No, the interface is Microsoft Mediaroom, designed by Microsoft for this IPTV system.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Oh so no OEM interface like most cable boxes?

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

12 years ago

When my non-DVR Motorla STB was replaced (trying to fix my CC problem), it was with a Cisco wireless. The DVR is still the Motorla 1225. So, in SoCal market they have both brands. The wireless is not running the same software version and does not have the CC disappearance problem.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

All wireless STB units are Cisco -- there is no Motorola brand of wireless unit. So even if you are in an area where the wired units are Motorola, if you order wireless STBs, they will be Cisco.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.