Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 9, 2013
12:02:25 PM
Purpose of the battery??

The battery left by the tech I am assuming is included in our package; and I am not going to be charged extra. Am I wrong in assuming that the sole purpose of this battery; is for when our power goes out. I am guessing the battery is specifically to keep the power the "Residential Gateway" in th event of a outage?? So in the mean time the battery is not being used and is only keep plugged in to keep charged when ready?? Thanks for the assistance

The battery left by the tech I am assuming is included in our package; and I am not going to be charged extra. Am I wrong in assuming that the sole purpose of this battery; is for when our power goes out. I am guessing the battery is specifically to keep the power the "Residential Gateway" in th event of a outage?? So in the mean time the battery is not being used and is only keep plugged in to keep charged when ready?? Thanks for the assistance

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 9, 2013 12:29:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You are correct in all of your assumptions. 

The BBU (Battery Back Up) is supposed to have a 4 hr. life but that varies depending on what you use when your power goes out.  If you save it just for your phone, it'll last longer.  Our power went out and I was online it only lasted about 2 hours.

Yes, keep it plugged in so when your power goes out, it'll be charged and you will still have a phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Purpose of the battery??

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 9, 2013 12:29:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The BBU (Battery Back Up) is supposed to have a 4 hr. life but that varies depending on what you use when your power goes out.  If you save it just for your phone, it'll last longer.  Our power went out and I was online it only lasted about 2 hours.

Yes, keep it plugged in so when your power goes out, it'll be charged and you will still have a phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Purpose of the battery??

2 of 5 (1,075 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 1:00:23 PM
(0)
Employee
What color is the battery and what brand name do you see on it?
What color is the battery and what brand name do you see on it?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 2:36:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 9, 2013 at 2:37:07 PM

This is the second battery we've had.   It's gray.  The first one was black.  Sorry, I don't see a number on it (those suckers are heavy) but it's a Belkin.  AFAIK, that's the only brand ATT provides.

Posters have commented that they have about a 4 year shelf life so I sweet talked a Tech into give me a new one when he was here giving me a new RG.

This is the second battery we've had.   It's gray.  The first one was black.  Sorry, I don't see a number on it (those suckers are heavy) but it's a Belkin.  AFAIK, that's the only brand ATT provides.

Posters have commented that they have about a 4 year shelf life so I sweet talked a Tech into give me a new one when he was here giving me a new RG.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (1,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 4:22:58 PM
(0)
Employee

Okay. I just wanted to make sure they weren't looking at an iPSU because on first reading I inferred that it was plugged into the wall but not into anything else, but that was just me being hasty. Probably it is just the Belkin BBU then.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure they weren't looking at an iPSU because on first reading I inferred that it was plugged into the wall but not into anything else, but that was just me being hasty. Probably it is just the Belkin BBU then.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (1,025 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments