Jaybarry2's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 8:02 PM

Purpose of the battery??

The battery left by the tech I am assuming is included in our package; and I am not going to be charged extra. Am I wrong in assuming that the sole purpose of this battery; is for when our power goes out. I am guessing the battery is specifically to keep the power the "Residential Gateway" in th event of a outage?? So in the mean time the battery is not being used and is only keep plugged in to keep charged when ready?? Thanks for the assistance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

You are correct in all of your assumptions. 

The BBU (Battery Back Up) is supposed to have a 4 hr. life but that varies depending on what you use when your power goes out.  If you save it just for your phone, it'll last longer.  Our power went out and I was online it only lasted about 2 hours.

Yes, keep it plugged in so when your power goes out, it'll be charged and you will still have a phone.

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

What color is the battery and what brand name do you see on it?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

This is the second battery we've had.   It's gray.  The first one was black.  Sorry, I don't see a number on it (those suckers are heavy) but it's a Belkin.  AFAIK, that's the only brand ATT provides.

Posters have commented that they have about a 4 year shelf life so I sweet talked a Tech into give me a new one when he was here giving me a new RG.

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Okay. I just wanted to make sure they weren't looking at an iPSU because on first reading I inferred that it was plugged into the wall but not into anything else, but that was just me being hasty. Probably it is just the Belkin BBU then.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.