For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Ones's profile

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 4:22 PM

Our VIP2250 DVR has seizures.

Last week we received a replacement (VIP 2250) for our failed dvr (VIP 1225), which will crash on random mornings always during 10:20 - 10:30 AM. Yes, this is real DVR behavior!  Today automatically it rebooted itself, usually I have to pull the plug.

Do the other 2250 DVR run hot even though there is plenty ventilation of space around the unit?

The VIP2250 models *still* use WIndows CE 5, this OS is so old it has moss growing on its back! And maybe it's too expensive to have use of version 6.

DVR Manufacture date September 2011

TV2 Client: 2.0.26496.22

UI: 5.3.2

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

12 years ago

Greg, I'm unsure if you believe I'm that uneducated, you seem to think that is so.

If any more problems occur, I wouldn't seek help or advice from you. Let's just avoid each other...

Have a good day.

Former Moderator

• 

4K Messages

12 years ago

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and always keep it nice.  We are here to help each other.   Thank you.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

@Ones wrote:

Greg, I'm unsure if you believe I'm that uneducated, you seem to think that is so.

If any more problems occur, I wouldn't seek help or advice from you. Let's just avoid each other...

Have a good day.

Really need to inform everyone what you are talking about.  Personally I take it that you are just venting about something that can be placed in a personal blog.  Unless there is something worthwhile about the equipment or the service, really I do not see your point.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, not only some venting; it's a real problem therefore it doesn't belong on some personal blog.  Other forum visitors vent and explain their real existing problems with the threads they've started and have had them solved.

Other than the weird behavior and heat, I do appreciate new dvr; who would want to go back to using a VIP1225 DVR?

I'm getting some extra feet to put under this device so it can cool down.

(I'm done.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Yes mine has been freezing up ever since I received it three weeks ago. At least three times a day. I bought a 8" fan for it but it still locks up. At&t needs to fix this problem before I go back to Direct TV.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

12 years ago

Are you getting a blue screen, with rebooting?

If plausible try using component video cables.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

I had a VIP 2250 (replacing VIP 1225) that did basically the same thing. TV would shut down (power light still on), power light on DVR blinking. DVR would reboot itself.  Call CS, tech was sent out and replaced VIP 2250 with VIP 1225.  Tech said they don't carry the 2250.  He also told me that all the replacement boxes are refurbished.  No more new ones.  That's in may area anyway.   I don't care what model I have to use, as long as it works properly. 

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T also replaced my corrupted 1225 DVR with a (what appears to be a new) 2250 replacement.  This 2250 has froze at least once a day.  Basically the screen would go black and not respond to any remote input.  I have to reset the DVR each time. 

And it also appears the stuttering and pauses in programs are appearing again.  Before the 1225 had crashed, this had all but disappeared.  Not really too happy with the U-verse TV service right now, and thinking about switching to DirecTV if this doesn't clear up.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

12 years ago

Has the VIP1225 DVR you are using now been stable? you can PM me if this thread gets closed.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

12 years ago

Please forgive me if you've read this before...

Easy fix

1) What kind of TV do you own? What connection are you using? The more information about TV and connection types could help to ascertain if it's an HDCP authentication problem.

Possible truck roll.

2) Also it reads as though you should start an new thread in 'residential gateway'

Using UV Realtime installed on a PC to analyze the statistics coming from your gateway. You can then post images captured from the IP/Profile, Error Table, Bitloading, Coax/HPNA tabs. You can use it with wireless network connection.

http://www.uvrealtime.com/

"And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth..."

2) Your hard drive maybe failing... and I'm not sure you'd want to do a disaster recovery reset with your DVR.

I'm not employed by AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.