wardck10's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 21st, 2016 4:05 PM

Non-Return Fees

I recently moved and lost the 3 receivers and gateway during the move. I actually believe it was stolen since I know where I put it. Anyway, the charge is $150 per device, totaling $650 after tax and fees. 

Is there any way to reduce this charge?!?! 

I understand there is a cost for lost equipment but I've been an AT&T wireless customer for 15 years and a U-Verse customer for 3 years. I now am a DirecTV customer which is part of AT&T.

I would hope that paying nearly $400/month for wireless, TV, and internet for the past many years would show my loyalty to AT&T. As a show of good faith, is there any way to reduce this exorbant fee???

Please let me know. Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

I guess you should have kept track of equipment that wasn't yours.

Is there a way to reduce the charges?  No, but they might allow you to pay out the $650 over time but I wouldn't count on that either.

FYI:  It will be sent to collections and eventually show up on your credit report.

P.S. I've had Uverse for 9 years and wireless for 16 (re: Cingular) and I would not expect them to let skate on the same situation.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@wardck10  Any home or renter's Insurance?  If so file a claim and probably a police report if you know they were stolen. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

HO/Renters insurance would be the only option. 

I've never heard of ATT taking a loss for 'stolen' equipment...and they shouldn't be expected to.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Taking a loss? I've paid AT&T thousands over the years, not to mention the $7/month "rental" fee for each unit. I understand I am at fault for losing the equipment but to say that a manager can't come in, look at my account, and at least give some sort of good faith credit or something seems like bad business. Looks like I'll switch to Sprint for wireless. After 3 months, they'll be losing $200/month in perpetuity. Giving me some simple and minor adjustment to this return fee would have saved them thousands in revenue in the long run. Oh well, I'll pay the fee and move on. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

That's a real (Edited per community guidelines) move. You asked them to provide you service and you pay for it. NO? So because you lost their equipment... now you think its bad business they won't eat the cost for equipment they can't give to another customer because it was stolen on your watch? Makes perfect sense.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.