jenn7695's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 6:11 PM

New wireless receiver not working w/DVR

I just received 2 new wireless receivers and they both keep telling me I don't have DVR capabilities or its not plugged in. I called last night to Tech support and the man had me on the phone for an hour running around the house to different TV's/ receivers trying the same thing over and over again.  He had no clue how to help me. I am so frustrated now and still have no answers.

All my shows I have set show recording but nothing is supported to watch them and I can not pause live TV or anything.

I still have my 2 receivers I am suppose to send back but Im scared to now. Which by the way they are charging my $14.89 a day till they receive them.

Has anyone else had the DVR issue and is there a fix with out me being on the phone with another tech for an HOUR?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have been having the same issue.   Cisco ISB7005 wireless receiver with Motorola VIP1225 dvr/receiver.

I can schedule recordings, and they show up in the recordings scheduled menu, but the recorded shows menu says there's no access to recorded shows.  Same with recording space information.  

Cannot pause live shows.

Went through all of the restart options several times, called tech support and they immediately began to schedule me for a technician visit, but the line went dead before a date was set.   Frustrated and didn't want to spend more time dealing with it - until now.  This was last week.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@jenn7695 wrote:

What they didn't tell me was I had to keep the main DVR reciever that has the hard drive in it. So make sure you don't send back tthat receiver if you are swapping out to wireless. If you have it hook that back up to one of the TV's you have and the two wireless ones will work with the DVR.

Thanks ATT for telling us this.

That's kind of odd that you sent back the DVR.  The wireless receivers replace the standard wired receivers.  Like the standard wired receivers, they have no DVR capacity.  

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/wireless-receiver.jsp#fbid=enCNuur6Fvi

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

This "lost DVR list" has been going on for months and about 1/2 dozen tech visits.  The problem keeps getting worse and worse including "lost signal" for up to an hour.

The problem occurs only between 6pm and 10pm-------prime customer viewing hours.  It appears to this layman as lost bandwith resulting from a "partyline" or major "crosstalk" issue.

These wireless units are unfixable garbage at my location and I've scheduled there removal tomorrow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have similar issue, I have the Uverse total home DVR package, supposedly. One wired receiver and 2 wireless receivers that do not allow DVR usage, pause, forward  or anything of the like.  I press my recordings it says DVR is working please try again every time I try it.  I was told by the installer I would have total hoome DVR capability on all receivers, so what the heck is the issue here?  This wireless receiver crap is just that apparently as it the total home DVR service. HELP this is driving me nuts, as is the frequent loss of connection to the wireless receivers even when I have great wireless connection.  UGH I am on the verge of going back to comcast!  I paid more but at least all my recievers worked as they are supposed to.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Any updates? My new wireless STB won't show my recordings and won't allow rewind but I can view my future scheduled recordings.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Is your DVR connected via ethernet as well?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

DVR is connected by coax to the RG. The Cisco wireless transmitter is connected to the Ethernet of the DVR.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

connect you transmitter to the RG. Then you might need to reboot all stb's. Let me know. Thx'

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

When I did that it caused interference with my wireless network.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

you running a N router behind the RG?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.