Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 28, 2014
1:32:13 PM
View profile
My receiver has a red x and the number one under it. Can I fix this or have to contact att

????

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 28, 2014 1:59:22 PM
(1)
Employee
First does the receiver have a green link light on, showing a connection to RG.
No check wiring connection, unplug, reattach, reboot RG.

Yes, Uverse errors recently changed fro,RED X, no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots to a numbering system that goes into the teens. Regardless of the number the basic concepts are same as before.....

1) STANDARD reboot, unplug , replug OR hold POWER button for ten seconds seconds.

2) DR disaster recovery, unplug, plug when three dots appear, unplug , replug total three times.
This allows unit to upgrade to new software and apply software. Will see one gear, followed by two gears.

3) FR factory reset, wipes out hard drive if DVR...
Factory reset for boxes...depress power, ok, down arrow 10~15 seconds, release power continue to hold ok, down till front panel lights flash three times..release buttons...single gear two gears, will auto reboot come back in 15 minutes see if can record, pause playback...NOTE on DVR this will reformat HD loss all recordings.

4) replace the receiver, if above items do not resolve then equipment swap either can have shipped or request tech visit.
If suspect possible wiring issue encourage the tech visit.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

My receiver has a red x and the number one under it. Can I fix this or have to contact att

4 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 28, 2014 1:59:22 PM
(1)
Employee

Yes, Uverse errors recently changed fro,RED X, no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots to a numbering system that goes into the teens. Regardless of the number the basic concepts are same as before.....

1) STANDARD reboot, unplug , replug OR hold POWER button for ten seconds seconds.

2) DR disaster recovery, unplug, plug when three dots appear, unplug , replug total three times.
This allows unit to upgrade to new software and apply software. Will see one gear, followed by two gears.

Factory reset for boxes...depress power, ok, down arrow 10~15 seconds, release power continue to hold ok, down till front panel lights flash three times..release buttons...single gear two gears, will auto reboot come back in 15 minutes see if can record, pause playback...NOTE on DVR this will reformat HD loss all recordings.

4) replace the receiver, if above items do not resolve then equipment swap either can have shipped or request tech visit.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My receiver has a red x and the number one under it. Can I fix this or have to contact att

2 of 5 (39,261 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 4:24:47 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi dbanks403,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your DVR. The information that my thoughts provided is great advice, and hopefully, it will help in getting everything working once again. I will also have my team send you a private message so if you do have any issues, we can easily get it replaced for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi dbanks403,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your DVR. The information that my thoughts provided is great advice, and hopefully, it will help in getting everything working once again. I will also have my team send you a private message so if you do have any issues, we can easily get it replaced for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My receiver has a red x and the number one under it. Can I fix this or have to contact att

3 of 5 (39,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 5:40:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

#3 worked for us! THANK YOU!!!!

#3 worked for us! THANK YOU!!!!

4 of 5 (33,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 8:18:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jun 7, 2014 at 8:20:19 PM

The errors  you had were input/output errors and/or filecoding exceptions.  Reformatting the hard drive eliminated those problems as it only wrote over the good disc area.  Before that, the disc was hitting bad areas and not being able to read them and caused the x and 1 to appear. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

The errors  you had were input/output errors and/or filecoding exceptions.  Reformatting the hard drive eliminated those problems as it only wrote over the good disc area.  Before that, the disc was hitting bad areas and not being able to read them and caused the x and 1 to appear. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (33,184 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments