Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 6, 2013
8:37:52 AM
View profile
My iNid has no battery backup in it at all. Is this okay?

I've had U-verse for some time and was putting a Wireless AC router behind my 2wire i38hg RG. Upon configuring the 2wire, I noticed a 'WARNING - NO EMERGENCY BATTERY PACK DETECTED' Iwaning message. I opened the iNid and saw it contained no battery backup (see pic.)

Is this necessary to have?  What does it do? We have buried power cables here and it has been years since our last power outage. Still.... I want it to be right.

Smiley Happy Thanks guys.

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
uVerse 2wire iNid.JPG

I've had U-verse for some time and was putting a Wireless AC router behind my 2wire i38hg RG. Upon configuring the 2wire, I noticed a 'WARNING - NO EMERGENCY BATTERY PACK DETECTED' Iwaning message. I opened the iNid and saw it contained no battery backup (see pic.)

Is this necessary to have?  What does it do? We have buried power cables here and it has been years since our last power outage. Still.... I want it to be right.

Smiley Happy Thanks guys.

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
uVerse 2wire iNid.JPG
uVerse 2wire iNid.JPG
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 6, 2013 9:19:51 AM
(0)
Employee
Do you have uverse voip (phone) service?
If YES, then you should have a battery inside the power supply, function to power the inid for up to 4 hours in the event of a power failure so you could make and receive calls
If NO, then would not have been installed as no uverse VOIP requiring BBU.

If do not voip and wish for BBU you may purchase one (fiber safe I believe) and install yourself but uverse tech should not install if voip is not on your accountt.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

My iNid has no battery backup in it at all. Is this okay?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 8:41:26 AM
(0)
Master

Yeah, you probably need to have the tech come out and swap your BBU or at least put a battery in it. since it doesn't do any good without the battery.  The box that you opened is not actually the iNid, that's the box on the outside of your house. that's the BBU that is supposed to be with the system.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Yeah, you probably need to have the tech come out and swap your BBU or at least put a battery in it. since it doesn't do any good without the battery.  The box that you opened is not actually the iNid, that's the box on the outside of your house. that's the BBU that is supposed to be with the system.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: My iNid has no battery backup in it at all. Is this okay?

2 of 3 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 6, 2013 9:19:51 AM
(0)
Employee
If YES, then you should have a battery inside the power supply, function to power the inid for up to 4 hours in the event of a power failure so you could make and receive calls

If do not voip and wish for BBU you may purchase one (fiber safe I believe) and install yourself but uverse tech should not install if voip is not on your accountt.

Re: My iNid has no battery backup in it at all. Is this okay?

3 of 3 (899 Views)
Solution