shawnmcpike's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

12 Messages

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 1:08 AM

Location of IR receiver on VIP1225 box

I am setting up my U-verse with all the boxes in the basement (just like I had DirecTV previously) and a Universal MX-3000 RF to IR remote control that operates it all. The remote sends an RF signal to a box that converts that signal to the appropriate Motorola signal and sends that through the IR cable stuck to the front of the receiver.

The thing is, I can't seem to tell for certain where exactly the IR receiver is on the front of the VIP1225 unit is. Can someone point me to a schematic which shows this (or at least give me a general idea where to put it)?

Thanks gang!

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

14 years ago

The IR receiver is just to the right of the red recording light on the front of the unit.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

14 years ago

Photo HERE might be of some help.

Employee

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you sir. Perfect description of where it was.I now have hooked up my Universal MX-3000 touch-screen remote to my U-verse equipment. :smileyhappy:

Photo of my MX-3000 Remote on Twitter

Employee

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you very much... wow this was extremely hlepful in validating that I was pointing to the right place. Great photo. What kind of setup do you have?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Me?  Nothing like that. Smiley Very Happy  That post is from a user on UU (posted with permission). Smiley Wink 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.