tfandango's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 26th, 2015 8:39 PM

Justification for $8.00/month box fees

Someone please help me justify this.  I have had Uverse for probably 6 or 7 years.  Recently I realized I have been billed $8.00/month to rent (I guess) the uverse boxes I use (I have 5 boxes, one is a DVR, I pay $24.00 per month for these).  These boxes are pretty cheap, they do not contain much besides some circuit boards, if they were for sale somewhere I could have bought 100 boxes by now.  This is pretty insane.  I'm not going to allow it to continue unless there is a valid justification for it.  Anyone know?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

Because that's the way this industry operates.  Call your local cable company and ask them how much it costs to receive non-basic channels on each TV in your home.

When you don't think you're getting value for your money, consider a change.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

You should not try to justify charges you cannot control. Always look at the bottom line cost of service to decide/compare value.

The providers have different ways of distributing charges. Usually designed to appear inexpensive. But, if you want the service you have to pay the total  sum of all the charges.

I think you are paying eight dollars for three STBs & the DVR is included in the base price. You missed seven dollars for the RG (modem).

Not only did they always rent the boxes you are complaining about, they no longer have a flat rate for internet modems. All boxes require monthly charges.

The good news is that charge includes replacement for failed boxes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.