For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Jessme_1's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Saturday, February 12th, 2011 7:22 PM

Is there a way to change my IP address?

Been playing around with the realtime 1.7. And wondered if there is a way to change my IP address on my 3800HGV-B? I did a search here and can across some links from past threads but they just take me to the main forum page.

I tried just to unplug the gate way for about 10 minutes but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

How can you tell which model you have?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I want to try this but I cannot find the system password. The number shown on the yellow sticker (Wireless Network Key) is not accepted when I enter it into the link that you have given.

Where can I find the password if the WNK is not it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

After all day fighting with my ps3 and can't get it connected to psn and back and forth to the PlayStation company and att I found a trick to change the ip address take another wireless router and I connected it to my att uverse after I did that I was able to get on my psn and play hope this helps took all day and a lot of pain lol

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

8 years ago

Bummer, some websites track your IP, this ain't good....

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

If you do a factory reset it will set your wifi password back to the factory default, the one on the yellow sticker. It should also be stenciled on the rg somewhere. Now for the factory reset, locate the red reset button. Press and hold the reset button for about 10 secs. Basically all the lights on the rg will go out except for the power light it might turn red, or it might not. But the power light will be blinking it will go steady green shortly. Then just wait for the rg to go back into service. All light steady green, be sure your Broadband and Service light are steady green. The try logging on with the password on the yellow tag. 

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

If you have the my ATT application on your phone you should log into the app with your user log on, when you get in there is a heading listed Fix It Now> then another heading Manage My WiFi, go into that and the app should list your SSID and network key

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need to change my IP address because it gives me search suggestions, ads and updates for a location that is 2,000 miles away. I would like an IP address that is local.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.