Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 21, 2014
3:53:01 PM
ISB7500 - Sound but no picture

I traded one problem for another...after having problems with a Pace 8005 I had it swaped for an ISB7500 yesterday. I go to turn my TV on today and get sound but no picture, just a message from my TV 'no signal'. I have HDMI going from box to TV and composite audio from box to surround unit (I don't have a free Toslink input on my surround at the moment). I've checked the HDMI connection and swaped them around. I've tried it without the composite cables and with a Toslink from my PS3 for audio. No luck. Only when I reset the box by holding the power for 10 seconds and waiting for it to do it's thing do I get a picture and sound. But once I turn it all off, it forgets everything. I'm starting to wonder if U-verse is even worth the hassle. Not that I cound do anything about it since I'm under a contract... Smiley Frustrated

I traded one problem for another...after having problems with a Pace 8005 I had it swaped for an ISB7500 yesterday. I go to turn my TV on today and get sound but no picture, just a message from my TV 'no signal'. I have HDMI going from box to TV and composite audio from box to surround unit (I don't have a free Toslink input on my surround at the moment). I've checked the HDMI connection and swaped them around. I've tried it without the composite cables and with a Toslink from my PS3 for audio. No luck. Only when I reset the box by holding the power for 10 seconds and waiting for it to do it's thing do I get a picture and sound. But once I turn it all off, it forgets everything. I'm starting to wonder if U-verse is even worth the hassle. Not that I cound do anything about it since I'm under a contract... Smiley Frustrated

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2014 4:59:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rsmith79 - Sounds like the STB is not seeing the HDCP flag from the TV required to allow video on the HDMI connection. Try turning on the TV first, then the STB. IF that works I will tell you how to program the remote.

If that does not work, you will have to use component connection to the TV - Three video & two audio connections.

The current audio connections should have no impact.

BTW - If you want to connect the surround sound device with Toslink - google for toslink switch or toslink splitter.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

ISB7500 - Sound but no picture

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2014 4:59:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rsmith79 - Sounds like the STB is not seeing the HDCP flag from the TV required to allow video on the HDMI connection. Try turning on the TV first, then the STB. IF that works I will tell you how to program the remote.

If that does not work, you will have to use component connection to the TV - Three video & two audio connections.

BTW - If you want to connect the surround sound device with Toslink - google for toslink switch or toslink splitter.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ISB7500 - Sound but no picture

2 of 4 (1,545 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 5:32:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the help again. After some tinkering, a shorter HDMI did the trick. Had to move the box, but it's no biggie. Yeah, I've been meaning to get a splitter or a Toslink to Digital Coax converter...just haven't gotten around to it. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help again. After some tinkering, a shorter HDMI did the trick. Had to move the box, but it's no biggie. Yeah, I've been meaning to get a splitter or a Toslink to Digital Coax converter...just haven't gotten around to it. Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (1,539 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 5:52:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rsmith79 - Thanks for posting how it worked out so that we can consider that possibility in the future.
rsmith79 - Thanks for posting how it worked out so that we can consider that possibility in the future.

4 of 4 (1,534 Views)