Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 10, 2011
8:13:09 PM
How many HD programs can I record and watch simultaneously
I'm very confused as to how many HD programs I can record at once, and does it have any impact on what I can watch while the DVR is recording the max? The stats on my system resource page are: WAN profile: 0SD/4HD Ingress Profile: 1SD/3HD Egress Profile: 1SD/2HD I have no idea what the above means, but I figure you might. Thanks
I'm very confused as to how many HD programs I can record at once, and does it have any impact on what I can watch while the DVR is recording the max? The stats on my system resource page are: WAN profile: 0SD/4HD Ingress Profile: 1SD/3HD Egress Profile: 1SD/2HD I have no idea what the above means, but I figure you might. Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 10, 2011 8:16:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can record 3 and watch 1 simultaneously.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How many HD programs can I record and watch simultaneously

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 10, 2011 8:16:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How many HD programs can I record and watch simultaneously

2 of 7 (13,567 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 8:18:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

And the one I'm watching can be different than the 3 that are recording? Right?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

And the one I'm watching can be different than the 3 that are recording? Right?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

3 of 7 (13,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 8:18:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes.

Yes.

4 of 7 (13,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 8:23:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

With U-verse you have 4 live streams that can be used to watch and/or record live TV.

The WAN Profile represents streams into the RG,  In your case, you can watch 4 live HD channels at the same time.

The Ingress Profile represents streams into the DVR.  You can record 4 programs at the same time.  In your case, up to 3 of those recordings can be on HD channels.  When recording 3 HD channels, you can watch a 4th live HD channel on a TV connected to a non-DVR STB.

The Egress Profile represent streams out of the DVR to the non-DVR STB.  You can watch 3 previously recorded programs at the same time on TV's connected to non-DVR STB's.  Up to 2 of those recorded programs can be in HD.

With U-verse you have 4 live streams that can be used to watch and/or record live TV.

The WAN Profile represents streams into the RG,  In your case, you can watch 4 live HD channels at the same time.

The Ingress Profile represents streams into the DVR.  You can record 4 programs at the same time.  In your case, up to 3 of those recordings can be on HD channels.  When recording 3 HD channels, you can watch a 4th live HD channel on a TV connected to a non-DVR STB.

The Egress Profile represent streams out of the DVR to the non-DVR STB.  You can watch 3 previously recorded programs at the same time on TV's connected to non-DVR STB's.  Up to 2 of those recorded programs can be in HD.

5 of 7 (13,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 11:22:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Does the Gateway need to be rebooted for a Profile Change to Take effect?

Does the Gateway need to be rebooted for a Profile Change to Take effect?

6 of 7 (13,439 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 11:46:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you are referring to a WAN, Ingress or Egress Profile change, the DVR/STB would need to be rebooted.  You should not need to reboot the RG.

If you are referring to a WAN, Ingress or Egress Profile change, the DVR/STB would need to be rebooted.  You should not need to reboot the RG.

7 of 7 (13,423 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments