noahcardiff's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, February 11th, 2011 4:13 AM

How many HD programs can I record and watch simultaneously

I'm very confused as to how many HD programs I can record at once, and does it have any impact on what I can watch while the DVR is recording the max? The stats on my system resource page are: WAN profile: 0SD/4HD Ingress Profile: 1SD/3HD Egress Profile: 1SD/2HD I have no idea what the above means, but I figure you might. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

You can record 3 and watch 1 simultaneously.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

And the one I'm watching can be different than the 3 that are recording? Right?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Yes.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

With U-verse you have 4 live streams that can be used to watch and/or record live TV.

The WAN Profile represents streams into the RG,  In your case, you can watch 4 live HD channels at the same time.

The Ingress Profile represents streams into the DVR.  You can record 4 programs at the same time.  In your case, up to 3 of those recordings can be on HD channels.  When recording 3 HD channels, you can watch a 4th live HD channel on a TV connected to a non-DVR STB.

The Egress Profile represent streams out of the DVR to the non-DVR STB.  You can watch 3 previously recorded programs at the same time on TV's connected to non-DVR STB's.  Up to 2 of those recorded programs can be in HD.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Does the Gateway need to be rebooted for a Profile Change to Take effect?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

If you are referring to a WAN, Ingress or Egress Profile change, the DVR/STB would need to be rebooted.  You should not need to reboot the RG.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I recently got U-Verse with the Total Home DVR.  Last night, I was recording three HD channels and tried to watch a 4th HD channel.  The TV would not allow me to go to the channel and said the maximum number of HD channels had been reached.

It sounds as if you're saying that if I had another TV that had only a set top box (not the DVR), I could have watched the 4th HD channel on that TV.  Also, if I wanted to record 4 channels, only three of those could be in HD.  Are both of those statements correct?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@BonnyS- It is kind of complicated - there is a limiting factor on what comes into your house based on distance from the VRAD.

First - look in menu- options - system options - sys info - sys resources -streams What does that say? & also egress profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Given the date of this post is 5 tears old, has the number been increased to match or beet Comcast/X1?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

While Uverse still supports a limit of 4 streams, Gigapower customers can have up to 6.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1040899

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.