JapanInMyDreams's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, February 5th, 2011 1:00 AM

How do I connect my AT&T U-Verse box back up?

Hello AT&T customers!  I recently had the walls to my bedroom painted, so I unhooked all my electronics and tossed them in a box.

Now I need to get the AT&T U-Verse box hooked up again so I can watch the movie channels again!  What all cords and equipment came with the AT&T U-Verse box, and how do I get them all connected properly?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry I haven't posting in a while.  I just figured out my problem!

My TV wasn't display the video from the AT&T U-Verse box because I was using the incorrect AC adaptor.  All the AC adaptors I tried using had different amounts of mA for output.  I now have the correct equipment and my problem is fixed.  Thanks for the help everybody!

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Do you have the tv setup again?  What is the connection coming out of your wall?  Is it coax or an ethernet connection?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Do you have the tv setup again?  What is the connection coming out of your wall?  Is it coax or an ethernet connection?

My TV is set up.  I actually played some video games on it.

I think the connection is ethernet.  The wall looks like this:

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Take the ethernet cable and connect it from the wall to your stb.  Use the ethernet or Cat5 cable to  connect the wall outlet to the networking port on the stb.  What do the other cables look like that you have?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Take the ethernet cable and connect it from the wall to your stb.  Use the ethernet or Cat5 cable to  connect the wall outlet to the networking port on the stb.  What do the other cables look like that you have?

I have both a coaxial cable and a composite cable.  I try hooking the AT&T U-Verse box to my TV both ways using this guide, and my TV screen is just black.  Isn't it supposed to show a blue screen with white text on it?

The AT&T U-Verse box was also connected to a power outlet like this during my two attempts, so I'm not trying to use this thing without any power!:

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Your link took me to a general ATT login page. 

Can you post a photo of the screen on your TV?

This is the same box you had before you painted? 

This same room was already provisioned/connected for Uverse?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Your link took me to a general ATT login page. 

Can you post a photo of the screen on your TV?

This is the same box you had before you painted? 

This same room was already provisioned/connected for Uverse?

I copied the entire link, pasted it as a text file, and uploaded it to Rapidshare.

This is a photo of my TV screen:

I am using the same box as I had before I had my room painted.  It was connected to AT&T U-Verse, and displayed everything just fine.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

Just a shot in the dark--is your TV set to channel 3, and did you check the TV setting for input?

docbombay

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Do you have another Ethernet patch cord you can try for that box?

If the same result, try swapping that box with another one in that location (the newly-painted room).

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@docbombay wrote:

Just a shot in the dark--is your TV set to channel 3, and did you check the TV setting for input?

docbombay

When I had my TV hooked up via coax, I had it on channel 3 and channel 4.

When I had my TV hooked up via composite, I had it on video 1 and video 2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.