aimeekate's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 10:45 PM

HDMI error/H1005 -hdcp link integrity check failed

I am having problems with my TV signal only when I turn it on for the first time. Blinks on and off, eventually gives me the blue screen with HDMI error/H1005. I have talked to tech support many times and have a new box with same issue. If I unplug the box and reboot it I finally get a picture. Everything is hooked up through my Yamaha receiver.  I have changed HDMI cables out of TV and out of box to receiver. ATT support thinks their equipment is fine. Seems to me if unplugging it makes it reboot and work fine it is their problem. Any suggestions??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This solution worked on my Sony.  Settings/Setup/HDMI Settings/Control for HDMI:  Off

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

I have a Samsung TV and had the same problem.  When I spoke with Samsung they said it was a handshaking issue and to turn on the Cable box first then the tv.  I tried that and have not had any problem since.  They say it is a known issue and are working on a fix.  In the meantime they say establish th signal first and then turn on the tv.  I do not know if it will work in you case but it did for me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm am getting this error as well and have tried everything on this post. Below is my setup.

The whole reason you get HDMI is for a better, more crisp picture. Really frustrated as to why AT&T can't resolve this. Is it a compression issue? Really don't want to go back to components as the picture is not as good. 

Wireless Cisco receiver

Sharp Aquos 60"

HDMI

It works after I reset the wireless receiver everytime, but I'm obviously not doing that each time I turn the TV on. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

steinm10 - Did you try a different input on the TV??
I believe Sharp has been problematic from way back. Did you check with them to see if they have a fix?
You could try this splitter to isolate the TV & STB. It may or may not work.
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Auto-Switch-Cable/dp/B0018DQYQ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1307119901&sr=8-4

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have only tried one other HDMI input in the back of the TV. I will try others and also try and resolve the issue with Sharp. I was not aware this was such an issue. I thought HDMI was pretty standard nowadays.

I will report back my findings. 

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

The thing you have to remember is that while HDMI is capable of a better picture than Component cables, that only happens when the picture contains enough detail to begin with where it exceeds what Component cables can deliver.

The U-Verse picture does not meet this criteria.  The compression that is used results in a loss of detail and introduction of artifacts, and the resulting picture is rather soft and lacks detail.  It is not enough detail such that HDMI would make any difference.

As an analogy, examine the difference between 1.5 inch and 2.5 inch fire hoses.  At 25 psi, a 1.5 inch hose can carry about 150 gallons per minute (gpm), while a 2.5 inch hose can do over 300 gpm.  You would think that the 2.5 inch hose would always be better.  But if the water pump you're connected to can only pump 100 gpm, then it doesn't matter which hose you use.

The conclusion is that with U-Verse as the source, Component and HDMI result in a virtually an identical picture.  (Note that this is not true with higher detail sources like Blu-Ray).

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just switched from the old silver Motorola box to the black Motorola box. After researching options, I decided the issue was with my relatively new (2 years old) tv. I have a Sony model number kdl40ex500. There was an update from 2011. I am relatively tech savvy, and I had no idea we had to update our televisions....but it makes sense.

I needed a USB drive and had to reformat it to dowload the update. I had no issue, but if this is not your area of expertise, don't be afraid to ask a family member or friend for help. After I did the update, I had no issues...and the HDCP 1005 Integrity Error went away. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Rich...thanks for the tech perspective. What if the HDMI error flickers alot and you're using a Component set up configuration? My dilemma. Time for a new TV?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I find all these responses to be humorous at best. I had a Uverse technician tell me that I should use component instead of HDMI as component is better. He said this would avoid the HDMI error problems with my UVerse wireless receiver. Funny thing is that the wired receiver works fine. The HDMI connections to both my previous DirecTv receivers worked fine for years as well. This is definitely a problem with the UVerse wireless receivers.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

HDMI cables are NOT useless. They also support Audio Return Channel and the ability for one device to automatically switch on another device. When I turn my TV on, it automatically turns on my entire Home Theatre System via this feature. Audio Return channel comes in really handy when I use my Over The Air antenna to feed sound back to my Home Theatre System when my Uverse service is OUT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.