Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 30, 2011
12:57:54 PM
Getting wireless

Hey y'all, I'm coming back to U-verse after a couple of years with DirecTV.

The install should be fairly straightforward (all my existing CAT-5 wiring is there). However, I will be putting a TV in a different room that doesn't have a CAT-5 drop and the coax drop on that room is in a lousy spot. I would like to get a wireless receiver in that room.

When I placed the order online, there wasn't any way to request one. The website says to ask the installer. Should I assume that every installer has them on the truck? Or would I be better off calling and asking for one prior to the install?

Hey y'all, I'm coming back to U-verse after a couple of years with DirecTV.

The install should be fairly straightforward (all my existing CAT-5 wiring is there). However, I will be putting a TV in a different room that doesn't have a CAT-5 drop and the coax drop on that room is in a lousy spot. I would like to get a wireless receiver in that room.

When I placed the order online, there wasn't any way to request one. The website says to ask the installer. Should I assume that every installer has them on the truck? Or would I be better off calling and asking for one prior to the install?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2011 12:59:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The installers should have them on their trucks.  You could call just to verify that you do want one included in your install.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Getting wireless

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2011 12:59:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The installers should have them on their trucks.  You could call just to verify that you do want one included in your install.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Getting wireless

2 of 2 (359 Views)
Solution