michail77's profile

Guru

• 

497 Messages

Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 4:47 PM

Each receiver playing for 5 seconds after channel change then freezes

I'm on day two now.  Yesterday was fine but I started having a problem today with the receivers.  They play for a few seconds after a channel change and then freeze.  If I change channels it then works for a few more seconds.  This only happens on my two non-DVR STBs.

My internet connection is fine, getting a solid 23/3 mbps without any packet loss, 20 ms first hop ping.  That's tested using the same CAT5 lines the receivers are on.

I also rebooted the DVR.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

13 years ago

Sounds like there is an issue in which your system is having difficulty transitioning from the initial unicast data stream (which does last only about five seconds) to the longer-lasting multicast data stream.

If you haven't contacted support, please see the following thread...
http://utalk.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/my-contact-thread/m-p/142490#M26475

Or if you have called Technical Support and things aren't fixed yet... please send an email to uversecare@att.com. Simply send an email explaining the situation as best as possible with your uVerse account number, a good phone number to be called at, and a good time to be called at as well. If you have any past trouble tickets that you are aware of, include them as well; any extra information is going to make David and Matt's job easier.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

13 years ago

Also, if you can... download uVerse Realtime and post screen shots of the program.  I'd like to see screen shots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, and Coax/HPNA tabs.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks, will check that.  Another interesting thing is that recordings play back just fine.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

13 years ago

Were they older recordings or recordings that you've made after you started having issues?

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

Old, but the DVR is working fine.  It's just the two non-DVR STBs.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

2980i1085E33137BE7F062978i9C7EC9FC06BF204E

Guru

• 

594 Messages

13 years ago

So let me try and get this straight.  The DVR box has no issues with changing channels and keep a lock on a channel past five seconds?  Is that correct?  It's only the non-DVR STBs that having the issue past five seconds?

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

Another thing that might help, I had just attached the third receiver to the RG.  Prior to that it had been on two.  

However, I went back to the original configuration and it was still exhibiting on my second receiver that had worked prior. 

I'll try an RG reboot.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

@trparky wrote:

So let me try and get this straight.  The DVR box has no issues with changing channels and keep a lock on a channel past five seconds?  Is that correct?  It's only the non-DVR STBs that having the issue past five seconds?

Yes, that is correct.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

Back from rebooting the RG, no change. :smileysad: 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.