For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Gizmo99's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 1:35 PM

Drops every 12 hrs

I am having an issue I hope someone here can help me with. My router does a total reset approx every 12 hrs, at first just the broadband and service lights would go out and I would have to manually unplug and reset the router. Now all lights other than power and ethernet go out and I still have to reset the router. Also I get further resets sometimes 2-3 times within 30 mins of the original reset. Once all this is done I am good for another 12 hrs approx.

First they found a bridgetap in the line and corrected it. Changed the power supply for the inid. Changed outlets for the ps as well, thought the refr was causing issues. Now the tech is stumped and is referring to his suprvisor. What bothers me is the regularity timing of the drops. I can almost set my watch by them. Usually between 7:30-8:30 am and the same at night, it seems to be getting progressively worse with more resets and more lights disappearing when it does happen. I have checked my network and have found no evidence of malware, viruses etc. (I was told by support that would cause the same issue). I have pots phone and not uverse phone which does not seem to be affected.

Any clues I can pass onto my tech will be greatly appreciated.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

14 years ago

Gizmo99,

Please post screenshots of IP/Profile and Bitloading (for Aggregate, Line 1, and Line 2) when the connection is up and running.

Screenshots when the connection is down won't tell us much.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

14 years ago

2854i42B6FEF7C37D718B

2850i862C9EFDC0AA28AD

2846iDA7B12E849913144

2844i3923EA5445943301

2856iDC855A1BAF892F51

2858i04B0BF59564A3CB4

Here they are.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

14 years ago

You are 3600' from the VRAD, which is pretty far, and you have a strong AM radio station near you that is interfering with the line.

You need to have your line profile reduced to 19/2.  Your lines are just a hair too far and too noisy to properly carry 25/2.

Call tech support, have the profile lowered to 19/2.  Note that this will restrict you to watching/recording only 1 HD channel at a time.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

14 years ago

ok, update.

since my i3812V + i38HG combo is used for a pair bonded installation, my installation is apparently different from yours. The Tech came today and confirmed that there is a firmware problem of the NID talking to the battery backup unit. He said to unplug it for now until they find a solution. As for other disconnections and reboots he shortened some of the lines and grounded the circuit, which apparently wasn't done until now. We will see if that helps.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

14 years ago

In talking with my tech I also have a pairbonded inid and the length should be fine up to 5500 ft. He discounted the length issue but was curious about the AM radio problem suggesting there might be a bad splice somewhere allowing the bleed.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

13 years ago

very interesting. I wonder if I can just use a three to two prong adapter to try this or whether I have to change the cable entirely, maybe even just remove the ground from inside the batterypower box?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.