sidescratches's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 4th, 2014 9:32 PM

Does DVR record when off

I have noticed that the DVR cable box turns off by itself. Is this standard? My TV is not on when it happens. My real question and point of concern is: Does the DVR record my scheduled recording of programs when the DVR is turned off (whether it is automatically turning off or turned off by user)? 

thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes it does.  The boxes have an energy star rating so they turn off after apprx. 8 hours of no commands from the remote.  You will see a red light on all boxes including the DVR any time it is recording.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Think of "off" as more like "on standby" than off.  If you're in a quiet room you can hear the disk drive spinning up and down as it downloads schedules, makes recordings, etc.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I like to think of the DVR as two boxes in one. A recorder box that the scheduler controls the "tuning" & the viewing box that operates like any other STB.

I remember a VCR that had to be "turned off" to allow the scheduler to automatically start/stop recording. I do not know if that was the norm or most worked on or off.

At any rate, as BB & Jeffer say, the U-verse DVR always operates as long as it has access to a stream.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.