Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 9, 2014
3:34:59 PM
View profile
DVR problem

We cannot watch the shows we taped on other tv's also I do not want to loose the shows that we already have saved

We cannot watch the shows we taped on other tv's also I do not want to loose the shows that we already have saved

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 9, 2014 3:39:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Do a 'soft' reboot of the DVR.   Hold down the large oval button on the front for a few seconds until it starts flashing.  Release and allow it to come back on.  You will not lose your recordings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DVR problem

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 9, 2014 3:39:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Do a 'soft' reboot of the DVR.   Hold down the large oval button on the front for a few seconds until it starts flashing.  Release and allow it to come back on.  You will not lose your recordings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR problem

2 of 5 (812 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 1:35:22 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi @lhs4347 

Just checking up on your post. Are you still having issues with your DVR recordings showing on the other TVs? I would recommend going with @skeeterintexas suggestion of doing a soft reboot but, if it still doesn't work then try performing a reboot to your Gateway/modem as well. This also will not affect your recordings and may help resolve the issue.

One more thing that may help with this is accessing the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool on the DVR. This will cause the box to go through a self-diagnostic process and get rid of any bugs that may be causing this problem. To access the TS&R tool simply select "Menu" on your Remote. Then scroll over to "Help">>"Troubleshoot & Resolve">>"TV">>"DVR"

I hope this helps! Feel free to post back your results. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @lhs4347 

Just checking up on your post. Are you still having issues with your DVR recordings showing on the other TVs? I would recommend going with @skeeterintexas suggestion of doing a soft reboot but, if it still doesn't work then try performing a reboot to your Gateway/modem as well. This also will not affect your recordings and may help resolve the issue.

One more thing that may help with this is accessing the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool on the DVR. This will cause the box to go through a self-diagnostic process and get rid of any bugs that may be causing this problem. To access the TS&R tool simply select "Menu" on your Remote. Then scroll over to "Help">>"Troubleshoot & Resolve">>"TV">>"DVR"

I hope this helps! Feel free to post back your results. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 5:17:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

The soft rebote worked everyting bak to nomal

The soft rebote worked everyting bak to nomal

4 of 5 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 5:21:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

When in doubt, reboot.  Smiley Wink

When in doubt, reboot.  Smiley Wink

5 of 5 (752 Views)