emk69's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, February 11th, 2013 10:43 AM

DVR lost its menu

Any ideas on fixing this problem:

My DVR no longer shows a DVR page on the main menu, and the Recorded TV button does nothing. 

The history:

Today I swapped one device on my RG for another.  In the process, I accidentally disconnected the connection to my DVR.  After noticing it, I reconnected it to the wrong port (Broadband, not network).  Much later, I noticed the box not working and did a few soft resets that gave me: client initialization error.  Then I tried a power cycle with no improvement.  A search on this site pointed me to the bad connection, and I reconnected the DVR to a network port.  This brought back TV, On Demand, and the Program Guide, but the DVR is missing; i.e. not even a menu pane in the main menu.

I tried uverse support and the tech tried a RG reboot, but to no avail.  He gave up and told me to chat back during normal working hours and they'd get a senior tech working on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

emk69 - unplug power on all - RG, DVR, STBs.
Power up RG
When all green power up DVR
When working power up STBs

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Will power cycling the DVR cause loss of existing recorded programs?

Eric

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

emk69 - No, It wil mot cause loss of any recordings

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Your fix solved the problem. All recordings remain OK.

Thank you,
Eric

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

emk69 - Great news - Always good to hear problem solved - thanks for following up.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

emk69, thanks for posting your outcome.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There are plenty of people who are ready, willing, and able to offer you help and assistance in the form of information, and suggestions.  Enjoy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.