For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rosol1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 29th, 2015 11:53 AM

DVR iph8010 issues

My DVR was swapped with a iph8010 on 8/25. Since then everytine the DVR sits unused and goes into sleep mode I have to reset the box to watch tv. A example, with my old DVR every morning when I turned on my tv after it being off all night I would press the OK button on the remote and watch tv. Now, after its turned off all night, in the morning I have a white screen or black screen and the DVR box doesn't respond to remote. I have to unplug the power form the DVR to reset it. The DVR doesn't respond either when the buttons on the front of the box are pushed. It's like the DVR goes into a deep sleep after a few hours and only way to start again is to reset it.

Thanks
Omar

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Can you explain a little more? I'm using a Hdmi cable from the DVR to the tv. I'm unclear how that can cause the DVR box to lock up after not being used for a few hours and not respond to inputs from the remote or box it's self.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

The HDMI interface contains a signal from the TV called HDCP that is required to prevent connecting to a copying device. Only non-copy devices send this signal.

If the STB does not see the signal it dos not send video on the HDMI.

That may be an over-simplification. There is a timing issue, as well. On the first connection the signal must be sent. Then there seems to be a possiblity that a good bye is also required. That does not really make sense to me, but may be.

There are "fiddles" you can try if you are having a problem - Try a different HDMI port on the TV - Try a shorter HDMI  cable. Try starting the TV before the STB.

These have worked for some. The sure fire solution is to eliminate the HDMI altogether. Switch to component.

Many people object because the change is from digital to anlog. But, for the curent quality (720p, 1080i) it is fine. In fact some (me included) believe it is better with the current u-verse software.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

That's great. I'll give it a shot. Thanks !!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.