AndrewUVM's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 6th, 2011 2:56 PM

DVR Not Recognized as a DVR

I had my uverse installed in the beginning of September. After the first week, the DVR (VIP1225) erased all of the recorded shows. Didn't think anything of it untill it happened again last week.

Tech support said that they DVR was faulty and they mailed me out a new DVR Box, I got a VIP2250. Plugged it in last night and now the system does not recognize it as a DVR Box, but the box works as a regular receiver. When I press record, it schedules the recordings but it doesn't record anything.

Call tech support back and they now say it is an issue with the wires coming into the house, which I find hard to believe becuase I have no issues with my internet or TV service. Is there anything that can be done to reset the system?

Support scheduled a technician to come out to my house, but said that they would not provide me with another VIP2250 as they are only for the U450 customers and I am only a U200 customer, could it not be recognizing it as a DVR becuase I don't have the required channel package?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Just a follow-up...

I unplugged both the residential gate and the new dvr box. Waited for the residential gateway to reboot and then plugged the DVR in.

The DVR works as it should now and the other two STB recognize the DVR.

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

It could be, due to you do not subscribe to the dvr service on your account.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I have DVR service on my account. They sent out a new DVR to replace a DVR that was dropping recordings.

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

The only difference between the 1225 and the 2250 is the 2250 has a larger hard drive.  They now typically give these boxes to the subs with U450 service since that package has more channels to record.  That is all they meant by saying they were for U450 customers.  Any DVR will work with any package execpt U100 unless you add DVR to the U100.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

13 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@AndrewUVM wrote:

Just a follow-up...

I unplugged both the residential gate and the new dvr box. Waited for the residential gateway to reboot and then plugged the DVR in.

The DVR works as it should now and the other two STB recognize the DVR.

You should call and cancel the vist from the tech.  He/she might take your dvr and replace it with another one.  IMO

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.