Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 13, 2012
10:14:21 AM
View profile
DVR Hard Drive?

Currently I have a Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) IPN4320.

When playing back recorded programming pixelation will occur as well as frame freeze for many seconds. Every time the DVR recovers but minutes of recording can be lost. This ONLY occurs during playback not live.

I believe the hard drive may be going bad.

I would hope to convince ATT to replace the DVR but would rather not get someone else's problems with a refurbished DVR. 

Questions:

1. Is there any way to test hard drive?

2. Is there any way to ensure a new DVR should ATT replace?

3. Is there any newer DVR other than the IPN4320?

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the posting that resolved your issue as the solution by selecting "Accept as Solution." This will help others with the same issue find an answer.

Currently I have a Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) IPN4320.

When playing back recorded programming pixelation will occur as well as frame freeze for many seconds. Every time the DVR recovers but minutes of recording can be lost. This ONLY occurs during playback not live.

I believe the hard drive may be going bad.

I would hope to convince ATT to replace the DVR but would rather not get someone else's problems with a refurbished DVR. 

Questions:

1. Is there any way to test hard drive?

2. Is there any way to ensure a new DVR should ATT replace?

3. Is there any newer DVR other than the IPN4320?

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the posting that resolved your issue as the solution by selecting "Accept as Solution." This will help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 13, 2012 12:31:45 PM
(0)
Expert
1. There is no way to test the hard drive.

2. If a technician comes to your house to replace the unit, you can ask him to see if he has a new unit available instead of a refurbished/redeployed unit. A new unit would be most likely to be available if you have an early morning appointment, as the tech may have a new unit on the truck at that time. Appointments later in the day may leave him with fewer choices for what equipment to use.

3. Yes, the Cisco ISB7500 (or Motorola VIP2250) are generation-2 DVR units that have larger hard drives, a faster processor, and fix various hardware issues including digital audio dropouts and some HDMI handshake problems.
Accepted Solution

DVR Hard Drive?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 13, 2012 12:31:45 PM
(0)
Expert

2. If a technician comes to your house to replace the unit, you can ask him to see if he has a new unit available instead of a refurbished/redeployed unit. A new unit would be most likely to be available if you have an early morning appointment, as the tech may have a new unit on the truck at that time. Appointments later in the day may leave him with fewer choices for what equipment to use.

3. Yes, the Cisco ISB7500 (or Motorola VIP2250) are generation-2 DVR units that have larger hard drives, a faster processor, and fix various hardware issues including digital audio dropouts and some HDMI handshake problems.

Re: DVR Hard Drive?

2 of 3 (2,695 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 12:48:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

SomeJoe7777

Great news!!!

SomeJoe7777

Great news!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Hard Drive?

3 of 3 (2,691 Views)