Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 6, 2011
4:04:06 AM
DVR Died, Red X two gray dots, replacement being shipped out

Had my DVR die yesterday with the red X and two gray dots under it.

TS has been try Disaster Recovery and no luck.   Placed an order for new DVR and will most likely be here Tuesday as it was after their cutoff when I called in Saturday afternoon.   Three months old and dead.   I have a few previous threads about freezing and such, and believe it may have been a dud since I got it.

Question is, I was looking at the guide on my other receive and noticed it still showed my Series Recordings.   Will these be repopulated to the DVR or will I need to set up all of my recordings again?

I did try DR a few more times after getting off the phone..  DVR lasted another 30 minutes, froze/locked up, rebooted and back to red X.  

I'm just hoping I don't have to setup all new recording, but if I do, I do.

Had my DVR die yesterday with the red X and two gray dots under it.

TS has been try Disaster Recovery and no luck.   Placed an order for new DVR and will most likely be here Tuesday as it was after their cutoff when I called in Saturday afternoon.   Three months old and dead.   I have a few previous threads about freezing and such, and believe it may have been a dud since I got it.

Question is, I was looking at the guide on my other receive and noticed it still showed my Series Recordings.   Will these be repopulated to the DVR or will I need to set up all of my recordings again?

I did try DR a few more times after getting off the phone..  DVR lasted another 30 minutes, froze/locked up, rebooted and back to red X.  

I'm just hoping I don't have to setup all new recording, but if I do, I do.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2011 5:51:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Recordings schedules should repopulate to your new DVR once you recieve it.  However, your recorded programs were lost during the DR.  If I'm not mistaken, schedules are kept on the RG.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DVR Died, Red X two gray dots, replacement being shipped out

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2011 5:51:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Recordings schedules should repopulate to your new DVR once you recieve it.  However, your recorded programs were lost during the DR.  If I'm not mistaken, schedules are kept on the RG.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Died, Red X two gray dots, replacement being shipped out

2 of 4 (4,208 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 6:29:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

Great.   I know that all recordings are lost, just makes it easier that I don't have to setup all the series recordings again!

Great.   I know that all recordings are lost, just makes it easier that I don't have to setup all the series recordings again!

3 of 4 (4,204 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 2:00:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Schedules are kept.

Schedules are kept.

4 of 4 (4,183 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments