Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 14, 2011
6:37:57 PM
View profile
Couple questions
Getting a new TV soon and need another set top box. Had a few questions though

I know the STB is around $50 for the hardware and a $7 fee per month for adding a STB (correct me if I'm wrong). We pay for U450 with HD programming. We only have 1 HDTV in our house. That is the TV the main STB is on. The other two are standard def televisions. Do I need a special STB to be able to play HD programming on my new HDTV, or are they all the same? The STB in my room has Hdmi, so I assume it supports HDTV.

As far as adding another room, with this extend my contract?
Getting a new TV soon and need another set top box. Had a few questions though

I know the STB is around $50 for the hardware and a $7 fee per month for adding a STB (correct me if I'm wrong). We pay for U450 with HD programming. We only have 1 HDTV in our house. That is the TV the main STB is on. The other two are standard def televisions. Do I need a special STB to be able to play HD programming on my new HDTV, or are they all the same? The STB in my room has Hdmi, so I assume it supports HDTV.

As far as adding another room, with this extend my contract?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2011 6:45:55 PM
(0)
Expert

All DVR/STBs are HD-ready.  The boxes will work on SD TVs as well.  Yes, the box will work with your new HDTV.

It is $7/mo. for an additional box.

There are not any other fees that I know of, unless they are charging you for a truck roll? (the $50 equipment fee you mentioned)

I don't think it will extend your contract, but call Sales and make sure.

Accepted Solution

Couple questions

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2011 6:45:55 PM
(0)
Expert

All DVR/STBs are HD-ready.  The boxes will work on SD TVs as well.  Yes, the box will work with your new HDTV.

There are not any other fees that I know of, unless they are charging you for a truck roll? (the $50 equipment fee you mentioned)

Re: Couple questions

2 of 7 (816 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 6:57:57 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks for the response. Technically i am not under contract right now, but I'd rather not put myself into that position if I have to pull out due to the b/w caps. We will have to see where that goes. I have no problem giving ATT my money as long as they arent trying to screw me over.
Thanks for the response. Technically i am not under contract right now, but I'd rather not put myself into that position if I have to pull out due to the b/w caps. We will have to see where that goes. I have no problem giving ATT my money as long as they arent trying to screw me over.

3 of 7 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 3:23:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You may be able to get a new STB without a truck roll.  I know I recently replaced a bad STB and didn't have to have anyone come out to change it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

You may be able to get a new STB without a truck roll.  I know I recently replaced a bad STB and didn't have to have anyone come out to change it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:56:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
^thanks
^thanks

5 of 7 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 8:53:06 AM
(0)
Expert

Let us know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Let us know the outcome. Smiley Happy

6 of 7 (758 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 8:54:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
Sure thing. I'm going to try to pop into the ATT store today.
Sure thing. I'm going to try to pop into the ATT store today.

7 of 7 (755 Views)