tavara6's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, January 20th, 2012 11:50 AM

Cisco wireless receiver known issue with playback of recorded content

The wireless STB has a known issue that T needs to address. When viewing recorded content, either SD or HD, the message "Press OK to See Your Recording" appears about every 5 minutes in a white box at the bottom of the screen. The only way to rectify is to press OK, which brings you to the recorded content menu. You then have to select the show you are watching and press Resume Play.  Im returning this box for a refund.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just adding some grissle for the techs to chew on (WARNING: these are merely opinions and in no way shape or form convey instructions that may lead to damage of property or loss of service)

. Found signal strength to be factor. AP has 3 antenna only 2 were working properly.

. Found firmware to spoof MACs, creates multi paths and disjoins poorly, l;eaves the streams incorrectly, lumping up causing disrruption of service (dserv stagger is blatantly evident before cut out/lock up)

. Found deeply  compromised system(s) (aka-flame..travel brought it home) casuing volitility within the home network. Hidden streams (443), havoc on multicast = nightmare. Cleaned up just that and brought my wstb's back to a state when they first  were installed.

.Found other interesting tidbits but no longer get paid for such things, see what FW brings before canceling service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Does anyone "in the know" have any indication of when the firmware is supposed to come out? I've had uverse for a little over a week now.. running one main DVR box and two wireless STB's.. One about 30-40 feet away from the WAP and another upstairs. Both have the "Press OK to browse" issue randomly. and it actually seems to happen when the DVR is starting another recording/finiishing a recording. Where there might be a "hiccup". Also, the boxes have lost communication with the DVR many times.. VERY frustrating/annoying. U-Verse really is great, WHEN ITS WORKING. Seems to be few and far between though 😞

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

12 years ago

And now a new wireless stb issue arises:  Every couple days, the picture just goes away.  Black screen, no sound.  Shut off the TV and on.  No difference.  Switch wireless stb off and on.  No difference.  Only resetting the stb brings it back.

It's beginning to look like AT&T started selling the wireless STB before Cisco finished inventing it.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

FormerWillyb - The black screen occurs on wired STBs, as well. I believe component aswell as HDMI. HDMI for sure.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, the black screen is a known issue with U-verse, and they are working with Microsoft to resolve.  It's not a wireless receiver issue.

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Yes, the black screen is a known issue with U-verse, and they are working with Microsoft to resolve.  It's not a wireless receiver issue.

This is not just a black screen.  It is a black screen and no audio.  For me it happens only with the wireless STB, not with the wired DVR or the other three wired STBs.

Microsoft, eh?  I seem to recall that the OS in these boxes is Windows CE.  That OS dates back to the early 90's, doesn't it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Can anyone from ATT respond to this issue? I am a new customer and having this problem on my wireless stb which is hooked to the main tv in the house used to watch recorded DVR programs. Very annoying. My tech actually told me this was a known issue when he installed the system (why ATT is selling hardware with know issues is beyond me).

The wireless box was the primary reason I switched to ATT due to the tv being located on a wall with a dead coax outlet. I need to know how long till a software fix is pushed to correct this bug. There isn't anything wrong with the connections or signal strength.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had this exact same issue. Have been through 3 boxes. 2 techs. The last tech replaced the STB and WAP and still had the same issue. Called his manager and she had seen it before. So we tried 2 things....

1) reduced the available space to more than 10% free space - Still had the issue

2) removed any duplicate programs on series record. Everything that was on there more than once was removed. I didn't realize how many of these I had.

I haven't had the issue with any new recordings since we did that. It was just Sunday and I could be talking too soon, but it's worth passing along as others haven't had much luck either. All i know is that if it comes up again, i'm getting it replaced with a wired one because this is ridiculous. Let me know how it works for folks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have the same issue. Last night I tried several things. First I made sure the main box was actually on. When you turn off the box with the att button on the remote it turns the box off as well as the tv. So pressed the power button & left the glass door on my center containing the main open. The problem was resolved. So then I closed the door and the problem returned. Now i have housed the main box in an open shelf and the problem has not resumed. In my opinion it is defiantly a communication issue between the main & wireless boxes.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

12 years ago

To provide an update on my wireless box issues: have been running two boxes for a few weeks now: 1. The first installed one has two problems: (1) the press okay message/losing the DVR recordings, and (2) heavy interference from our 5.8 ghz telephone system. Any time we receive a phone call or make a phone call the box loses connection to the WAP for a minute 2. The second wireless box is upstairs (WAP is down near the first box) and has had ZERO problems with anything. So local signal interference appears to be critical in how these puppies perform, as others have already posted! I will probably return the one box that has all the trouble and keep the other one.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.