Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 26, 2011
11:13:26 AM
View profile
Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already?

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 26, 2011 11:21:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
The IR sensors are difficult. What you say sounds like you are using am IR blaster. It may not be capable of producing the required signal. Loook at this - http://www.nilesaudio.com/media/ir.php

I have seen the second one from time to time. It is very annoying. I have tried back and exit to tv buttons. I think one of them gets rid of it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 26, 2011 11:21:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
The IR sensors are difficult. What you say sounds like you are using am IR blaster. It may not be capable of producing the required signal. Loook at this - http://www.nilesaudio.com/media/ir.php

I have seen the second one from time to time. It is very annoying. I have tried back and exit to tv buttons. I think one of them gets rid of it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

2 of 6 (7,594 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 11:32:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

phil_pas wrote:

It's located on the front of the box between the red RECORD light and the MENU button.

phil_pas wrote:

It's located on the front of the box between the red RECORD light and the MENU button.

3 of 6 (7,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 12:20:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks again to you and texasguy37. The Niles site explains that I need a new 20 Series sensor with the ATT box.
Thanks again to you and texasguy37. The Niles site explains that I need a new 20 Series sensor with the ATT box.

4 of 6 (7,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 6:46:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have this particular box and mine does not have the IR connector in front between the record light and menu button, So does this mean not all Cisco ISB7005 have the IR connections available?!

I have this particular box and mine does not have the IR connector in front between the record light and menu button, So does this mean not all Cisco ISB7005 have the IR connections available?!

5 of 6 (3,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 7:12:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
hmorris00 - All the U-verse DVRs/STBs have an IR sensor. What happens when the remote button is pressed??

The remote sends an IR signal, thesensor receives it and responds.

Are you having a particular problem?
hmorris00 - All the U-verse DVRs/STBs have an IR sensor. What happens when the remote button is pressed??

The remote sends an IR signal, thesensor receives it and responds.

Are you having a particular problem?

6 of 6 (3,187 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments