Ask a question

Posted Nov 15, 2010
2:00:01 PM
View profile
Capacity Info for DVR

I'm fairly new to U-Verse, using a Cisco DVR.  I am unable to figure out how to tell what percentage of the DVR space is occupied by recordings.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  Thanks

Don

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 16, 2010 12:39:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:
  It is available on the DVR but it requires several key presses.

Hit the menu button, then go to options / system options / system information / system resources.  It's the last item on that page.

Accepted Solution

Capacity Info for DVR

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 15, 2010 2:31:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Here is an app that many of us use to not only get info on how much record time we have on the dvr, but it allows us to see what channels are being watched on all of the stbs.  You can check the status of your service, if there are any errors.   Your profile, etc etc etc.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Capacity Info for DVR

2 of 11 (3,528 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2010 3:31:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks David.  Downloaded and working.

Don

3 of 11 (3,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2010 3:35:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'm not David, he is a tier 2 tech support person.  And, your welcome.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (3,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 8:42:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

djraysr wrote:

I'm fairly new to U-Verse, using a Cisco DVR.  I am unable to figure out how to tell what percentage of the DVR space is occupied by recordings.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  Thanks

Don

Don - you have gotten a good response about the Uverse Realtime software.  It is nice but you do this from the PC.  

DVR space has been discussed aplenty here on U-Talk.  The U-Verse DVR GUI needs to be configured to show this info as soon as you go into "recorded programs," IMO.  It is available on the DVR but it requires several key presses.

5 of 11 (3,372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 16, 2010 12:39:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:
  It is available on the DVR but it requires several key presses.

Hit the menu button, then go to options / system options / system information / system resources.  It's the last item on that page.

6 of 11 (3,313 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 3:36:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

Not completely accurate - that screen shows % of free space left - not the number of hours remaining or the number amount of hard drive capacity available.

7 of 11 (3,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 4:57:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That is why I recommended downloading the realtime app., it displays the remaining time in hours and minutes.  No figuring needed.

8 of 11 (3,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 5:21:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had my Cisco 430CM DVR box replaced recently with a Cisco 4320 DVR. Since the replacement, and a new download of Uverse Realtime(Ver. 1.6), this information(hard drive capacity, etc.) doesn't show as it once used to. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark 

9 of 11 (3,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 6:05:26 PM
(0)
Expert

mlk4114 wrote:

I had my Cisco 430CM DVR box replaced recently with a Cisco 4320 DVR. Since the replacement, and a new download of Uverse Realtime(Ver. 1.6), this information(hard drive capacity, etc.) doesn't show as it once used to. Any ideas?

To use the channels/streams feature, please ensure all of the following are checked:

• You should be on a wired Ethernet interface.  Some wireless cards work, but this is not guaranteed.
  • You must be connected to the same network as your STB units with no intervening router.
  • You must have the "Enable channels/streams gathering checkbox" checked.
  • You must have the proper network interface selected in the "Network interface for STB communication".  This should be the same interface that is connected to the network where the STBs are.
  • If you have a software firewall on your computer, you may need to turn it off or otherwise "whitelist" the U-Verse Realtime application.

If you have checked all these items and it still doesn't work, reboot your RG, the DVR, and all STBs, in that order.

10 of 11 (3,238 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2010 5:03:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks SomeJoe7777. I'll check it all out.

Mark

11 of 11 (1,704 Views)