quisp65's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 2:01 AM

Can you connect to AT&Ts wireless N access point?

Can you connect to AT&Ts wireless N access point that is used for their wireless STBs?  The WPA key is on the bottom and I think I got the ssid but not having any luck.  Before I dive deeper would be nice to know if it can be done.  Couldn't figure out how to search for it.  

I bought a Linksys N 2.4/5ghz router and have changed the firmware to tomato and I just want to test the 5ghz N out.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

The answer would be "no".  The access point only connects to the wireless receivers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Like so many of the {keep it courteous} on this site, TexasGuy is incorrect.  Do some googling before answering a question like you know what you are talking about.

You need to connect to the APs admin console - check out [3rd party link removed per Guidelines] for information on the device, the credentials, etc.  You can reconfigure it anyway you please.  But be careful, some settings may disconnect your wireless rceiver and any traffic on the interface could degrade the quality of video.  Enjoy.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Please do no come on this form as a one time poster giving incorrect information,  The fact that you need to engage in name calling directed toward other members totally diffuses anything that you have to say.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

12 years ago

I'll research it more after work today as far as the possibilities. I definately would not encourage using it for anything but IPTV traffic, however the default login credentials are ATTadmin:401!VEN.

Is it possible? Probably... if configured correctly with some knowldge/inguinuity it can be done. Is it worth it, intended, or bricked to the point that AT&T doesn't charge you? No.

If you're willing to put the amount of time it would take to research the subject yourself then I'd highly suggest just getting any old router and using it instead....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.