cocolew's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 4:37 AM

Cable issues have never stopped

We have had a Uverse Triple Bundle Plan since November 2013.

Our Cable has had major problems since day 1.

We have had constant problems on multiple TV's which have never been resolved. There have been mulitple tech appointments and they never seem to fix anything. All of whom have been nice and arrive during scheduled time, but none of whom ever really get to a solution for our problems.They address the exterior and interior connections. Many have said they rebooted the whole thing and many have replaced equipment, to no avail.

(FYI-Our voice service and our internet connectivity have not had many problems, just the cable).

We are paying for Triple Play, renting all of their equipment,  and have boxes for HD on 4 TVS, 3 of which are DVR boxes.

I am wondering if anyone else has had the same issues listed below, and most importantly, were they resolved?

1. Screens skip/freeze all the time on all TV's.

2. If more than one TV are on at the same time, two of them will cause the other one to freeze or jump if both are in use. This happens 2-3x/day.

3. On Demand almost shows "unavailable at this time" type errors 2 out of 3 times we attempt to access it.

4. Two of the three DVR boxes no longer will let me access the recordings options and do not show any current recordings. No function except for a screen that says DVR is unavailable at the time. However, one of the DVR boxes still shows our current content and functions normally?

5. One of our TV's shows the blue screen daily and will sometimes come back on after the full rebooting after the 3dot reboot. Some times it will not. 

This TV also shows the red X screen which will almost never reboot--even when following the 3x reboot process once the three dots appear and I do the 3x unplugs until the gear starts turning --this was taught to me by a phone rep one time when our reboots did not bring the cable back up over several days. Even when the tech/phone rep attempts to reboot it from their system, it does not always come back on. There is no consistent route that reboots the system, it just eventually will return--sometimes hours, sometimes days. Usually the DVR does not function on this TV. Some techs think it is the equipment, but the box has been replaced twice by technicians. Others think it is the lines, but they never show problems?

This has never been able to be resolved by Uverse. I have to explain my situation from the beginning EVERY time I speak with a representative, and they always end up suggesting they send some one out to look at it, check the lines, and replace any needed equipment.  It has yet to be solved by a phone or onsite tech.

One tech was so stumped that she told me I probably was too far away from the VRAD and probably should never have been told that UVerse was available. But, I live in the center of a large Metro area and have many neighbors and friends with UVerse.

We pay $230 monthly, and I am beyond frustrated and feel trapped with Uverse and cannot seem to get anywhere with them fixing the issues.

It's almost as if the techs on the phone and who come to my house don't really understand how it all works. I know that equipment is dated fairly quickly, but ours has been bad from the beginning, after replacement, etc...and this has all been in the past 14months.

Does anyone have any advice on how to bypass the main technicians and speak to someone who can schedule a higher level tech to truly address and fix my problems?

Of course, I have been shopping the competition, but the options/pricing are typically the same cost.

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

Send a PM to @ATTU-verseCare Are the boxes COAX or Cat5?

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Not to be nit-picky, but you don't have cable.

You have IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) which runs through the internet, usually VDSL, That being said, I can think of a few things that would help narrow down the problem.

The most important devices are the Main DVR (the only DVR actually) and the RG (modem). These two are almost always connected via Ethernet (RJ45, Cat5, Cat5e+) OR Coaxial (RG59, RG6). You want to make sure that the connection between the two is flawless. (i.e. both ends securely seated, no kinks + visible damage in the cable).

Also, it would help to know if specifically you have been having issues with the DVR set top box in particular. If you aren't having problems with the DVR but ARE having problems with the other units then we know it's local connection problem. Something like the Ethernet wiring or Coaxial wiring (or even WiFi signal) in the home.

If you ARE having problems with the DVR and the other units as well then we have narrowed the problem down to somewhere between the RG (modem) and AT&T Facilities. Now, an easy way to get a feel for whether or not this is the problem is to run some speed tests fairly often. You can do that at att.com/speedtest. If you are consistently getting at least 75% of what you are paying for and aren't having internet access drop randomly throughout the day then chances are that whatever is in between the RG (modem) and AT&T is fine.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.