texas dave's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 3:24 PM

Blue HD Light

My blue HD light is not on.  Am I recieving HD signal?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

Probably not.

In order to insure you are actually recieving an HD signal you need ot make sure that your STB is connected either by Component (Red/Blue/Green Analog cables) or HDMI to your TV. 

Once this is done go into your menu ->settings -> Display settings (or somehting similar to this. I'm not at home to double check the right path) and make sure that your display resoultion is set at either 720p or 1080i. 

Once this is done the blue HD light should be lit up on the front of your STB.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

One more thing - When connected HDMI the blue light is only on when the TV is on & set to the STB/HDMI input. Otherwise, it is off

The aspect setting is under menu options system options aspect ratio.

After setting there is a test - make sure you move the cursor to accept the test. If you do not it will not change.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It was the settings in the menu.  Thanks for the help

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I had an update last night as I was watching tv. I did the update, the tv restarted and now my blue HD light on my receiver will not go off as it usually does and should when I turn my tv off. I called support and they did tests and rebooted it again and couldn't find out why the hd blue light doesn't go off when the receiver is turned off. I even unplugged it and plugged it back in and restarted it and nothing. Support just told me it was nothing to worry about and that it won't hurt the tv. Has anyone had this issue?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@annalily97 wrote:

I had an update last night as I was watching tv. I did the update, the tv restarted and now my blue HD light on my receiver will not go off as it usually does and should when I turn my tv off. I called support and they did tests and rebooted it again and couldn't find out why the hd blue light doesn't go off when the receiver is turned off. I even unplugged it and plugged it back in and restarted it and nothing. Support just told me it was nothing to worry about and that it won't hurt the tv. Has anyone had this issue?

Which  U-verse box do you have?

What is the new firmware version?  MENU --> Options --> System Options --> System information (TV2 client version)

Also, depending on your TV, the blue HD light may or may not go off when the TV and U-verse box are both turned off.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I have the Cisco IPN4320 box which I guess was the newest one. I had two others die on me. I couldn't even tell that any updates were made. Everything looked the same. The blue HD light always went off when it was turned off before. I just noticed that with this new update, it doesn't go off. They said in customer service that it wouldn't harm the tv to have it on. I'm just not used to it.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@annalily97 wrote:

I have the Cisco IPN4320 box which I guess was the newest one. I had two others die on me. I couldn't even tell that any updates were made. Everything looked the same. The blue HD light always went off when it was turned off before. I just noticed that with this new update, it doesn't go off. They said in customer service that it wouldn't harm the tv to have it on. I'm just not used to it.

What is the TV2 client version on the U-verse box?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I was wrong. I do have the Motorola VIP 2250 box and the TV2 client version is 2.1.2344.20. I have noticed that since the blue Hd light has been on, my picture hasn't been freezing up on me.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

12 years ago

Do you have an HDMI or Component connection?  My observations are:

When using component: the blue light seems to stay on all the time.

When using HDMI: the blue light would go off when the TV went off, and would come back on when the TV went back on (and the two devices again negotiated an HD connection)

When using Composite or Coax: no blue light at all.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@annalily97 wrote:

I was wrong. I do have the Motorola VIP 2250 box and the TV2 client version is 2.1.2344.20. I have noticed that since the blue Hd light has been on, my picture hasn't been freezing up on me.

Thanks so much for that info!

TV2 client version 2.12344.20 is new for the Motorola VIP 2250.  The old version was 2.026496.25.  I just checked my Motorola VIP 2250, and I noticed that I now also have the new firmware update.  The blue HD light now remains on on my box also even thought I use an HDMI cable. It seems that this a  result of the update.  I can live with that!  

I'm not sure when I received my update, but it must have been last night.  Hopefully, this will resolve the freezing and rebooting issue that some have reported.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.