For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bnmmann's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 30th, 2012 7:24 PM

Battery back up

I just got the Uverse package a little over a week ago.  They said the battery backup was on back order.  I was wondering if I will ever see it?  Has anyone ever had the same problem and actually did receive one?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

There is no power button on the RG.  Just unplug the AC cable as instructed.  Everything will be ok.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Keep checking with cs or ts about the BBU.  It won't hurt you to call back as much as several times per week.  Sometimes when you call you may get a csr who is not as friendly, and you can get one who is friendly and helpful.  At least call once per week until you get it.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

My backup was on my doorstep when I got home.  I got the system installed middle of January.  I was beginning to wonder...

Kurt

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

I read the other thread about the recalled Rev A BBU.  I received a Rev B, so I'm good there.

Just wanted to recheck the instructions.  First step is to pull the power plug from the wall on the RG.  Shouldn't I more gracefully power the RG down...isn't that a power button on the lower front of the RG?

I guess if the instructions say to yank the plug...what do I know??

Kurt

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

Right you are...done and done...now I feel so much better!! Man Very Happy

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Just keep the old power cord available in case the BBU decides to go out on you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

I will certainly keep the cord.  I was wondering if it had any applications to another device, but I suppose the business end that plugs into the RG might be special in some way and thus wouldn't work on much else.

Kurt

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@kschrader wrote:

I will certainly keep the cord.  I was wondering if it had any applications to another device, but I suppose the business end that plugs into the RG might be special in some way and thus wouldn't work on much else.

Kurt

No, notihng special about the old power supply, except you'll have yours when the BBU takes a crap, which is better than those that had the BBUs installed by an AT&T install tech, because for some brainless reason they told them to not leave the old power supply with the customer.

What's odd, is they won't leave the darn power supplies behind with the customer, but when it comes time for you to return any of your equipment they tell you not to ship the power supplies back with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.