FrederickHCrook's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 28th, 2015 4:04 PM

Bad Transmitter??

Not a fan of this wireless receiver stuff. Intermittant issues with loss of contact with DVR is ruining my viewing experience. There are constant failures to communicate with the DVR. This problem happens mostly in the mornings and not everyday. How can I get a wired receiver back?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@FrederickHCrook wrote:

Not a fan of this wireless receiver stuff. Intermittant issues with loss of contact with DVR is ruining my viewing experience. There are constant failures to communicate with the DVR. This problem happens mostly in the mornings and not everyday. How can I get a wired receiver back?

If you want to run a cat5e wire to that receiver, can plug in into the ethernet port in back of it and unplug the WAP (access point connected to the RG).  Then plug the cat5e wire into the RG where the WAP was plugged in.

Might have to unplug/plug in reboot the STB after connecting and disconnecting the WAP.

Good luck 😉

Edit:  Get premade cat5e cables here: 

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=105&cp_id=10208

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

The wireless receiver can be connected cat5. I believe the trick is to power it and the WAP down. Connect wired & power up. When it does not see wireless it will connect wired. YOu may have to reboot the RG to see it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'll try to convince AT&T to come out here and run the wire, then. I'm no wiring expert. Thanks for the info. 😄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.