antman_2's profile

Guru

• 

506 Messages

Sunday, November 16th, 2014 12:49 AM

ALERT! don't use HDMI on the 2250 dvrs!

Although this has been discussed on a couple posts, I want the masses to know that if you have the Motorola or Arris 2250 d.v.r.s don't connect h.d.m.i. 

I recently complained on the foggy picture (most noticeably with blacks) and was very annoying.

It was suggested to me to use component and I did. It makes my Samsung light up like a Christmas tree! Awesome picture big time!

Too bad ATT messed this one up big. Now I have to reconfigure all my custom wiring install. Annoying, but glad it's fixed.

ATTs udate was horrible and should never have released it with such errors.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

I have the arris 2250 with the latest firmware hooked up to a f8500 plasma via hdmi and do not see any fog.
It actually did improve the picture from the previous firmware but still not as good as my old DVR.
Check your hdmi low / normal setting on your samsung.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@shaee wrote:
I have the arris 2250 with the latest firmware hooked up to a f8500 plasma via hdmi and do not see any fog.
It actually did improve the picture from the previous firmware but still not as good as my old DVR.
Check your hdmi low / normal setting on your samsung.

He already tried everything, including your idea, and nothing reduced the black crush seen on 2250s on HDMI.  I had one that also had the black crush, but it died a couple months ago.

If you go to component cables, the PQ might be even better as I think you are still geting a black crush problem if the PQ is not as good as b4 on HDMI on the other DVR.  There should have been no difference in PQ between the updates. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

I did have black crush prior to the update, I do not have it now.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@shaee wrote:
I did have black crush prior to the update, I do not have it now.

You stated above it's not as good as the 'old' DVR, so something is still happening that is not letting it get to the best it can be. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

9 years ago

You could do as I have done look for stations that sign off on Uverse at late night early morning and set the picture using the provided color bars they throw up .

These are usually provided when no paid subscription is listed in programing on stations that do not provide 24 hour programming.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

Update: Picture still fantastic. Slight audio wow/flutter (electronic noise) when picture is paused and will ago away when muted. Ordered higher end cable on Amazon to replace the generic ATT ones and hopefully that will solve this.

Still very annoyed on the hdmi error though.

ATT tech supports gives a crap and is asking my Samsung info. to further diagnose this. I will update all throughout the process as I believe some people are "used" to this a may not notice.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

9 years ago

HDMI is pure digital it either works or not so doubt a cable change will do anything and as for picture quality doubt you would see a difference.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.