mjs500's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 9th, 2015 9:17 PM

60% of my DVR shows deleted themselves

About a week ago, I noticed my upstairs TV (hooked up through wireless receiver) was missing about 25% of my recorded shows.  I went to the main DVR and everything was still there, so I wasn't too worried.  As of yesterday, about 40% of my shows are now missing on the main DVR and no one deleted them.  Noticed a lot of people have complained about this, is there a solution or a fix?  Someone had mentioned a patch was sent out and broke the DVR's, is this true, can I recover all my shows, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks,

Mark

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Forgot to mention, they were saved till I delete, and I had plenty of space available.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@mjs500 wrote:

About a week ago, I noticed my upstairs TV (hooked up through wireless receiver) was missing about 25% of my recorded shows.  I went to the main DVR and everything was still there, so I wasn't too worried.  As of yesterday, about 40% of my shows are now missing on the main DVR and no one deleted them.  Noticed a lot of people have complained about this, is there a solution or a fix?  Someone had mentioned a patch was sent out and broke the DVR's, is this true, can I recover all my shows, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks,

Mark

If they're gone, they are gone.  Re-recording them is the only suggestion that will work. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Happened again yesterday, deleted about 20-30% of my recordings and I had 40% free..  Is there some bizzare thing that happens when its really cold here in the burbs of Chicago?  My picture flutters and freezes, and my DVR deletes stuff.  I only had the fluttering and freezing last year (and its really bad, can't even watch TV, note this only happens when its cold, the recordings also do the same thing).  Not sure if I'm going to keep Uverse.  I've lost a lot of good recorded stuff twice now, and the skipping/freezing isn't good.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@mjs500 wrote:

Happened again yesterday, deleted about 20-30% of my recordings and I had 40% free..  Is there some bizzare thing that happens when its really cold here in the burbs of Chicago?  My picture flutters and freezes, and my DVR deletes stuff.  I only had the fluttering and freezing last year (and its really bad, can't even watch TV, note this only happens when its cold, the recordings also do the same thing).  Not sure if I'm going to keep Uverse.  I've lost a lot of good recorded stuff twice now, and the skipping/freezing isn't good.

Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your DVR deleting recordings situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.