WorstinUniverse's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, July 20th, 2017 12:49 AM

Has Anyone Received Real Help From Forums?

So far all my postings have been ignored or sent straight to a survey (that expired). Are these forums fake? Are these forums just to try and make AT&T look like they care or are doing something? Has anyone received any kind of real help from anyone on here?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Usually most first posts feature what the situation is exactly. So, exactly what kind of issues are we having?

Insight can be provided and that's all the forums are for. Insight.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@WorstinUniversesaid:

So far all my postings have been ignored or sent straight to a survey (that expired). Are these forums fake?

No.  The majority of these people on these forums are paying customers just like you.  They can choose to respond to whatever topics that strikes their interests.  According to your profile (is the the term?) you have started two threads:

Being Hung Up On by AT&T

Equipment Return Address

Part of the reason you probably didn't get a reply to the "Equipment Return Address" post is because two possible answers to the questions there are (a) do a search for you questions before you post and (b) call ATT's 2020 line for procedural questions.  Maybe anyone who does repeated replies in the forums just gets tired of posters not doing these two things.

But...

You're first post "Being Hung Up On by AT&T" boarders on being a rant.  Very few people respond to them.  Based on your ATT phone experience I suspect it may be the way (style, tone) you talk to the ATT personnel.  Being courteous, pleasant, polite, and non-argumentative goes a long way to getting the help you need.

These are just my opinion, but see, this time you got a reply! Man LOL

@David606said:

Usually most first posts feature what the situation is exactly.

"Exactly" is the problem with many OP's in that their posts do not specify their problems exactly along with the context of their problems (equipment models, webmail or email clients, etc.). That leads to followup posts in the thread for clarification.  Your post is a an example of that asking this OP to expand on his issues.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@WorstinUniverse wrote:

So far all my postings have been ignored or sent straight to a survey (that expired). Are these forums fake? Has anyone received any kind of real help from anyone on here?

You have a real answer over here and you have yet to acknowledge it...

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-DVR-Receivers/Equipment-Return-Address/m-p/5212190#M219776

Are these forums just to try and make AT&T look like they care or are doing something? 

This is the community forum. This is us fending for ourselves mostly...

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Please read the forum guidelines.   🙂

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Perhaps you posted under a forum category where the moderator(s) decided it would be more appropriate to move it to a different category.  Look at your profile (i.e., click your avatar in the upper right of this page to get the drop down menu and click Profile).  Then look at the topics you originated to see if your post is in there (or was it a reply, in which case look at the reply list).  If your post is in there click its title.  Then you will see where it was moved to (scroll up near the top of the page to see the path).

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

See my post 6 in the other thread you cross posted to for a possible explanation. Man Frustrated

Update (the next day):

It looks like this post is now an example of a moved post since this was a reply to bloomin's other thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.