_xyzzy_'s profile

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2017 6:36 PM

Duplicate posts in a thread - Why?

Does anyone else notice that in some threads some posts (not all) are listed twice as two distinct posts (post count goes up) in that thread? It's as if the Reply button was clicked twice but I don't think you can do that.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

test

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

Nope, double clicked as quickly as I could and it didn't do it.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

That's the extent of my computer skills. I tried again on the last post, will on this one too, last time I did preview first still didn't double post. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Well I did say "some posts" in "some threads".  These things never reproduce when you want them to! Man Frustrated  Next time I see a thread with this I'll post the link to it here.

Thanks for trying though.

Update:

Well that didn't take long.  Here's a current thread that illustrates what I am talking about.  Look at posts 6 and 7.

Administrator

• 

868 Messages

7 years ago

Hey @_xyzzy_,

i noticed that that same thing during our recent Knowledge Sharing session but thought it might have been something that particular user was doing. Our dev folk were given a heads up and I'll forward the example you provided (thanks for that) for them to research with.

thanks!

Dave

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@davidbk: Sounds good to me.  Thanks for confirming and reporting to the appropriate folks.  I've been seeing this for some time but IMO there was no decent/appropriate place to ask about this until now.   I'll add a few additional thread links as I encounter them in case the dev folks can determine some pattern to this behavior.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 years ago

Yes I've seen it also, I was trying to make it happen.  here's one if examples are needed. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

And finally, two more: this (posts 8 and 9), this (posts 5 and 6)

That should be enough examples.  No more needed.

Administrator

• 

868 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the examples, @_xyzzy_ and @spoom2!

Dave

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Ok, one more distinctive one just today,  This one has the dubious honor of being a thread with two sets of duplicates (3 and 4, 8 and 9).  Same poster.  I wonder if it's somehow related to the the user doing the posting.

@spoom2: I don't see any duplicates in the 3-post thread you referenced.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.