For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
_xyzzy_'s profile

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2017 6:36 PM

Duplicate posts in a thread - Why?

Does anyone else notice that in some threads some posts (not all) are listed twice as two distinct posts (post count goes up) in that thread? It's as if the Reply button was clicked twice but I don't think you can do that.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@davidbk:

Well I didn't have to keep an eye out very long.Man Frustrated  Here's a new thread with "the problem".  This is dated the evening from the time I last posted here so the "fix" should have been in effect.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

@davidbk:

Well I didn't have to keep an eye out very long.Man Frustrated  Here's a new thread with "the problem".  This is dated the evening from the time I last posted here so the "fix" should have been in effect.

I'm not so sure.  

I don't think people can start a new thread by sending an e-mail. Can they?

So while there is a double-post (which happens on the internet even without e-mail reply issues), I'm not sure this is the exact same problem.

Administrator

• 

878 Messages

7 years ago

Oy.

Either way, @_xyzzy_ & @Gary L, I'll pass it along to our developers to take a look.

Thanks and let me know if you come across any other instances.

Thanks!
Dave

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

7 years ago

Here's one that has a duplicate, the two post are six minutes apart. 

Administrator

• 

878 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, @spoom2.

I've passed your example onto our developers - to take another look at this.

Thanks!
Dave

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

7 years ago

Administrator

• 

878 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, @spoom2

Unfortunately, I don't have any way of seeing - from the admin tools - whether these replies are being duplicated through the email reply functionality or something else. I sent a PM to the individual, to try to find out how he posted the reply that ended up being duplicated. Hopefully, I'll hear back and will be able to use that response to provide additional troubleshooting information to dev.

Thanks again!
Dave

P.S., I also followed up with the previous example's author but haven't heard back. 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.