Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jaysnow's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 27th, 2012 10:47 PM

sim card for a visitor

Hi!  I'll be arriving in the US in 2 days time for a company visit, which will take for about 2 months.  I would like to ask if I can buy a sim card at the airport?  I'll be landing at LAX.

I've been reading the AT&T website and seems like their prepaid sim is bundled with a phone.  I would rather use my blackberry phone, if its possible.  I purchased by open-line blackberry way back 2010 thru ebay during my first visit in the US.  That time, I didn't really bother buying a sim card as I was using my roaming sim, which is bloody expensive.

I'd also want to have a data plan bundled with it, perhaps 2GB in a month. And any information on how to refill.

Hope someone can help me. thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Sorry to say that BB data is not supported on prepaid service. I doubt if you can buy a sim card at LAX airport but it's a good idea to check with people at the airport.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

12 years ago

As far as I know, Tmob do not do it for pay as you go plan .

Also, no telcos store inside  LAX, only Bestbuy have a selfservice machine selling phones.Smiley Sad 

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@jaysnow wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.

You're welcome 😄 There was a T-Mobile booth at LAX in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's still there. You may want to check with T-Mobile on Skype (to keep costs down).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.