Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 27, 2012
3:47:03 PM
View profile
sim card for a visitor
Edited by jaysnow on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:50:48 PM

Hi!  I'll be arriving in the US in 2 days time for a company visit, which will take for about 2 months.  I would like to ask if I can buy a sim card at the airport?  I'll be landing at LAX.

I've been reading the AT&T website and seems like their prepaid sim is bundled with a phone.  I would rather use my blackberry phone, if its possible.  I purchased by open-line blackberry way back 2010 thru ebay during my first visit in the US.  That time, I didn't really bother buying a sim card as I was using my roaming sim, which is bloody expensive.

I'd also want to have a data plan bundled with it, perhaps 2GB in a month. And any information on how to refill.

Hope someone can help me. thank you.

Hi!  I'll be arriving in the US in 2 days time for a company visit, which will take for about 2 months.  I would like to ask if I can buy a sim card at the airport?  I'll be landing at LAX.

I've been reading the AT&T website and seems like their prepaid sim is bundled with a phone.  I would rather use my blackberry phone, if its possible.  I purchased by open-line blackberry way back 2010 thru ebay during my first visit in the US.  That time, I didn't really bother buying a sim card as I was using my roaming sim, which is bloody expensive.

I'd also want to have a data plan bundled with it, perhaps 2GB in a month. And any information on how to refill.

Hope someone can help me. thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2012 4:15:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Sorry to say that BB data is not supported on prepaid service. I doubt if you can buy a sim card at LAX airport but it's a good idea to check with people at the airport.
Accepted Solution

sim card for a visitor

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2012 4:15:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Sorry to say that BB data is not supported on prepaid service. I doubt if you can buy a sim card at LAX airport but it's a good idea to check with people at the airport.

Re: sim card for a visitor

2 of 5 (4,725 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 7:03:14 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.
Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.

3 of 5 (4,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 7:21:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:25:29 PM

As far as I know, Tmob do not do it for pay as you go plan .

Also, no telcos store inside  LAX, only Bestbuy have a selfservice machine selling phones.Smiley Sad 

As far as I know, Tmob do not do it for pay as you go plan .

Also, no telcos store inside  LAX, only Bestbuy have a selfservice machine selling phones.Smiley Sad 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (4,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 8:01:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:06:58 PM

jaysnow wrote:

You're welcome Smiley Very Happy There was a T-Mobile booth at LAX in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's still there. You may want to check with T-Mobile on Skype (to keep costs down).

jaysnow wrote:

You're welcome Smiley Very Happy There was a T-Mobile booth at LAX in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's still there. You may want to check with T-Mobile on Skype (to keep costs down).

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (4,690 Views)