Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 18, 2013
5:42:13 AM
View profile
refill denomination expiration period for GoPhone plans

The only information I can find on "refill denomination expiration period" is the example of $50 having a 90 day expiration, from the GoPhone terms of service.  If I were to choose the 10 cents per minute plan and prepaid the amount of $25, what would the expiration period be?

The only information I can find on "refill denomination expiration period" is the example of $50 having a 90 day expiration, from the GoPhone terms of service.  If I were to choose the 10 cents per minute plan and prepaid the amount of $25, what would the expiration period be?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 18, 2013 6:53:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you look at the bottom of this page it lists the following expirations by refill amount:

Available Amounts for Pay As You Go Refill Cards

• $10 - Expires after 30 days
  • $15 - Expires after 30 days
  • $25 - Expires after 90 days
  • $50 - Expires after 90 days
  • $65 - Expires after 90 days
  • $100 - Expires after 365 days

So your $25 will last you 90 days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

refill denomination expiration period for GoPhone plans

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 18, 2013 6:53:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you look at the bottom of this page it lists the following expirations by refill amount:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: refill denomination expiration period for GoPhone plans

2 of 3 (12,032 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 11:49:33 AM
(0)
Mentor

Except if you're paying automatically via credit card.  In which case, you are charged two days shy of the 90 days-- and your new 90 day period begins from then!!

In other words, you lose 2 days every 90 day period!   We've figured out that we're two weeks out of pocket thanks to this nefarious practice!  

That doesn't amount to a huge amount of money, but it's galling.  When considered over thousands upon thousands of customers, it means there's something unprincipled going on here!

Except if you're paying automatically via credit card.  In which case, you are charged two days shy of the 90 days-- and your new 90 day period begins from then!!

In other words, you lose 2 days every 90 day period!   We've figured out that we're two weeks out of pocket thanks to this nefarious practice!  

That doesn't amount to a huge amount of money, but it's galling.  When considered over thousands upon thousands of customers, it means there's something unprincipled going on here!

Re: refill denomination expiration period for GoPhone plans

3 of 3 (11,774 Views)