Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sillyshyme's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 6:47 PM

prepaid to postpaid

possible to convert prepaid to postpaid? is their a fee?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, you have the option to do this. There is no fee to switch the account type over. You should also be able to keep your current phone number. Depending on if you sign a new two-year contract, AT&T may require up to a $500 security deposit upon the creation of a new account. Regardless if you're interested in signing a contract or just operating on a month-to-month basis, an activation fee of up to $36 applies to each new line of service.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hey there!  I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and add my two cents to this awesome wealth of knowledge shared here! 

Check out the article Switch from a GoPhone account to a postpaid account to see all the requirements! 

~Delia

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

This is possible.Call 611 on your AT&T phone or go to any AT&T Crop.store for more info.
I can only tell you, you will lost any credit (money) left in your Gophone  (prepaid) account,if you change to postpaid.
You need to go through credit check.
Your USA billing address & SSN. also needed too.
As told by the AT&T Crop. store at WA,OR & MT State 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been trying to get my prepaid phone number added to my existing postpaid account [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]  in the past three days, visiting ATT Corp store N times, calling CC N times, without much success. Could you help me? I can be contacted at this number at any time.

Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.