Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
alexeig's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, December 24th, 2012 8:12 AM

prepaid data blues

It's 8pm on Sunday and I have no data on Nexus 4 that is on AT&T prepaid plan ("$65 Monthly Unlimited Plan w/ Data"). That means no navigation, no email, no Google Voice. The phone is useless to me at this point.

I dial 611:

You have $20 left on your account...

You have 923MB of data left on your account...

... Here are the things I can help you with..."

I press "6" for "more options", then say "customer service"

the automated system asks me several more questions before saying, "OK, I will transfer you to customer service".

After this the call just drops. It ends.  It doesn't say "we're closed", or the hours, or anything else.  After 2-3 minutes punching in the options (5-6 responses before it transfers you), it just drops.

I tried it four times, same result every time.

That ever happened to you?

That - and no data despite every indication that you are supposed to have it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

If you've had no trouble using data on your Nexus 4 with the prepaid plan previously - have you tried turning the phone off for a few moments and then back on?  Forcing a new connection with the at&t network may solve the issue.

I lose the data connection with the network on my Nokia E7 several times per day anymore, and it generally requires a power cycle to remedy the situation.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, so far I am back online after a power cycle. Normally I'd do that (happened before) but because it's a brand spanking new phone and lots of discussions about how there's no data on 4G phones with AT&T prepaid, I panicked.

Thank you.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome - Happy New Year!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.